What would you do with a month off?

• From Jan 12-Feb 8th i have 4 weeks off. I can either spend the time doing a work-thing (which i could do overseas and then take the 4 weeks later for another vacation), or just take the vacation.
    For me - studying dermatology for the 4 weeks in AUS would be ideal. At the same time, this is looking like it would be fairly difficult to pull off at the present, so i may just bum around.

Does anyone have any good ideas to add to this list? Any advice?
    Remember - lack of funds is a major challenge, but i can work with it.
    Thanks!

• Good lord … these are the choices??? if i have to choose between this id take Austrailia. But id really goto London and visit the Imperial war museum and a dash with the eurorail to Germany and visit the Bunker ,the Reich chancellery and Heydrichs house at Wannsee. October is here and Spaten Beer flows. Just dont eat anything in england the food is poison! Their is good Sauerbraten in Berlin and southern Germany and dont forget the SCHNITZEL!
    If you want to see a bunch of feces then i suppose you can head for france and visit the “Parasites” er paris sites. just watch where you step. In our Germany the streets are cleaned with soap and water and huge trucks do it at night.

• Go to Prague. Hottest ladies in the world there. Trust me. :wink:

• PRAgUE! PRAGUE IS AMAZING! IM DRUNK!

• Wake up guys!
    I’m leaving Jan 12th. I’ve seen Europe in March before (Holland was beautiful, but Germany was snow-y), and i’d really rather see it in the summertime, or late spring. The point is i’m looking to go someplace WARM.
    (Actually - even Portugal in March was a little too chilly - perfect in late June tho’)

• i voted for hitchhiking around australia/new zealand

• Definitely the dermatology thing. You get to save the four weeks for later on, and believe me, you’ll have plenty of opportunities for travel. Australia has loads of cheap charter flights and other ways of getting around. Yeah, you won’t get quite the overall down time that you would if you were just traveling, but unless you’re going to really go all out on the laidback backpacking scene, I’m not certain Australia will have enough to occupy you for the entire month. A friend of mine spent seven months working Australia and New Zealand, but she was still able to learn how to scuba dive, go to Ayers rock, do the Nevis jump, etc. while working.

• @Chengora:

Definitely the dermatology thing. You get to save the four weeks for later on, and believe me, you’ll have plenty of opportunities for travel. Australia has loads of cheap charter flights and other ways of getting around. Yeah, you won’t get quite the overall down time that you would if you were just traveling, but unless you’re going to really go all out on the laidback backpacking scene, I’m not certain Australia will have enough to occupy you for the entire month. A friend of mine spent seven months working Australia and New Zealand, but she was still able to learn how to scuba dive, go to Ayers rock, do the Nevis jump, etc. while working.

thanks for the advice.
    this was the way i was looking at things too. My big problem with AUS is that it will be around 40 degrees Celcius in January. Anyway, i’m trying to find a dermatologist to work with right now.

• Go to Australia … i might be “there” at the same time and could try to organize a game with my former playing group :)

• @F_alk:

Go to Australia … i might be “there” at the same time and could try to organize a game with my former playing group :)

are you serious??
    I know you’ve been there before. I’d love to hook up and see some of the country with a fellow traveller (as opposed to just being another tourist).

email me
    the_timster29@hotmail.com

• Cripes, you pick some bad ways to spend your time off.

• @marine36:

Cripes, you pick some bad ways to spend your time off.

LOL… what would YOU do then, Wonder Bread Boy?? Go to Six Flags? Throw a barn yard kegger?? :lol: :lol:

• Hey, Stuka, don’t ever diss the barnyard kegger… ;)

I’d say hitch-hike around the Caribbean. I mean, warm weather, beautiful beaches, hot babes… plenty to do there. You can always study dermatology later ;).

• I’ve decided to spend the whole month as vacation and work later instead. So much for “delayed gratification” . . . .

Oh yeah - and marine 36 - what would YOU do with the time off? Besides run amuck with a pretend gun, pretending to shoot people?

• Wow, CC, could you possibly sound more vindictive and childish? :-?

If you’re going for total vacation, I stand by the Caribbean, or possibly touring Australia.

• @Wargaming_nut:

Wow, CC, could you possibly sound more vindictive and childish? :-?

really?

Was that a good one? 'Cuz i really wasn’t trying.

@marine36:

Cripes, you pick some bad ways to spend your time off.

are you saying that warrented a more appropriate response?

If you’re going for total vacation, I stand by the Caribbean, or possibly touring Australia.

tix from Winnipeg to Sydney - $1500 round trip. Now what to do when i get there . . . ?

• To start off, I would host a three day paintball war. :D kegs would come after that. :)

• I voted Aust/ NZ hike/walkabout…

I would lean more to the NZ hike as I have seen documentaries that showed NZ has mountains, deserts, cliffs, great seasides plains…
    for an island its got a lot of beauty.

Of course America hasn’t reallly littered it with tourists and trash yet.

As for my ideal vac…

1. Washington, DC(heritage) and surrrounding vicinity for Am. Civil War history.
    2. Philly, NYC and New England states for Revolutionary War history.
    3. A Mediterranean cruise, spend a week in Espana(Hola, chica! :) ), a week in Italia(Caio, bella! :) ) some time in Morocco and Egypt(Support your local Mullah! :o ).

• @marine36:

To start off, I would host a three day paintball war. :D kegs would come after that. :)

there is a travel agency in alabama with an opening for you.

• @El:

I voted Aust/ NZ hike/walkabout…

I would lean more to the NZ hike as I have seen documentaries that showed NZ has mountains, deserts, cliffs, great seasides plains…
    for an island its got a lot of beauty.

that’s what i’m talkin’ about

1. Washington, DC(heritage) and surrrounding vicinity for Am. Civil war history.

been there, done that. Loved Harper’s ferry . . . .

1. Philly, NYC and New England states for Revolutionary War history.

in January? Are you INSANE?? I might as well . . . well,
    i guess that’s not soooo terrible. but No.

1. A Mediterranean cruise, spend a week in Espana(Hola, chica! :) ), a week in Italia(Caio, bella! :) ) some time in Morocco and Egypt(Support your local Mullah! :o ).

more of a spring/fall thing for me.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m