• Triple AAA is great…dont get me wrong…but IMO i kind of find actually playing the BOARD game a lot more fun and exciting even solitaire than playing an AI opponent on the computer…

what do you guys think?

• To me the board has more charm but playing with AAA is easier.
    With AAA, much less space and time needed to play. So I see advantages in both.

For me personally there is one big disadvantage of playing AAA: loss of overview.
    I have a large screen but somehow I keep missing information on it more often than on the board.

• I always feel that way ItisILeClerc. I am obsessed there is a Bomber out there, but that I can’t see it:I can spend ages scouting the map!

Of course a board is better, but you often have to pack  it away before you finish a game. Inversely, If left out too long, it can get on your wife’s nerves.
    The PC games go on until one side concedes and it is tidier.

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

I prefer a face to face game, but digital is necessary. The more complex these games get the more I am convinced of this.

Right now tripleA is the only format that allows you to play the g40 game with friends online, friends across the country, friends in different countries in different time zones. New friends you’d might never have a chance to play otherwise.

I don’t think you’ll ever see a functional Ai for an A&A game that satisfies, whether in Face to face or in TripleA,  it’s till about playing other human beings for me.

• '22 '16

I swore I would never play this game any way but face to face.  I love having the whole board game in front of me.  Trash talking my friends is a must.  And there is nothing better than calling out snake eyes and delivering the crushing blow with a flick of the wrist and then watching the dice tumble.  All that being said.  I have recently started playing by Triple A and I must say it is pretty great.  It is a great tool for beginners to get better at the game.  Our group only gets together about once a month so it is vital for the less experienced players to practice so the monthly games are that much better.  Kudos to all the people that set up Triple A, it is pretty awesome!  Although I can’t get pass the dice generator, seems so wrong on many levels, but I accept the process for the speed and flow of the Triple A game.

• Sponsor

I believe that the celestial energy running from my third eye, through my chakras, and into my dice… allowing me to roll a 1 at will when facing an enemy strategic bomber raiding my factory… can’t be achieved with the automatic random dice roller machine used online.

So it’s table top for me all the way.

• @Young:

I believe that the celestial energy running from my third eye, through my chakras, and into my dice… allowing me to roll a 1 at will when facing an enemy strategic bomber raiding my factory… can’t be achieved with the automatic random dice roller machine used online.

So it’s table top for me all the way.

Let me have what your smokin…you need to share!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m