John Brown's Painted G1940 Set - by Spitfire38

• Looks like Christmas came early for John brown! Wow spitefire those infantry are some of the best I’ve seen on here! I love the Browns you used for their uniforms and the accented details and dark washes. The bases of the men too are superb! There must be 40 some units you painted?! I’m inspired great work!

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Seconded! Very impressive.

• '16 Customizer

@jwo1984:

Looks like Christmas came early for John brown! Wow spitefire those infantry are some of the best I’ve seen on here! I love the Browns you used for their uniforms and the accented details and dark washes. The bases of the men too are superb! There must be 40 some units you painted?! I’m inspired great work!

@LHoffman:

Thanks guys! I’m really glad that you enjoy them. jwo1984, you are correct in saying that there are 40 standard infantrymen and 4 paratroopers. John will need legions of Japanese soldiers if he is to conquer the Pacific! I’d recommend that he gets some Allied pieces painted soon, or else there will be nobody to stand in their way ;)

@Spitfire38:

@jwo1984:

Looks like Christmas came early for John brown! Wow spitefire those infantry are some of the best I’ve seen on here! I love the Browns you used for their uniforms and the accented details and dark washes. The bases of the men too are superb! There must be 40 some units you painted?! I’m inspired great work!

@LHoffman:

Thanks guys! I’m really glad that you enjoy them. jwo1984, you are correct in saying that there are 40 standard infantrymen and 4 paratroopers. John will need legions of Japanese soldiers if he is to conquer the Pacific! I’d recommend that he gets some Allied pieces painted soon, or else there will be nobody to stand in their way ;)

Wow Spitfire, those are fantastic, and yes, the allies are hopefully will be shipped by Monday, the Aussies and Chinese will be answering the call, LOL. :-D

• '14 Customizer

Great Job Spitfire.  Those infantry are fantastic.  I love the detail and that you used white color for the bases. Looks very classy :)

News flash: Guys, I’m shipping the Anzac and Chinese forces tomorrow. The allies are going to war, as Japan has just invaded China.

Stay alert for more information as this conflict escalates. :-)

• Great job….

@crusaderiv:

Great job….

Yes, Spitfire38, really out did himself. :-D

• Any updates so far? I have just started painting my first set of a&a pieces and was using this thread as a resource for schemes. Obviously my painting skill is not close to your level Spitfire, however I do really enjoy these paint schemes.

@EdDawg:

Any updates so far? I have just started painting my first set of a&a pieces and was using this thread as a resource for schemes. Obviously my painting skill is not close to your level Spitfire, however I do really enjoy these paint schemes.

EdDawg, Spitfire has finished my Japanese Ground Forces, as well as AAA Guns, but because it so cold where he is at, he is waiting till it he has a warmer day to spray a protective coat on them.

He will then post pictures, when he can.

I also sent him the Anzac and Chinese pieces, so it won’t be too much longer, before he will start those.

I’m as anxious as you are to get my Japanese pieces and see what he does with the next set. :-D

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

Very nice paint job!!

@coachofmany:

Very nice paint job!!

Thanks Coach, Spitfire38 is getting better all the time. I can’t wait till he tackles the next set. We have some very talented painters on this forum. :-)

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

@John:

@coachofmany:

Very nice paint job!!

Thanks Coach, Spitfire38 is getting better all the time. I can’t wait till he tackles the next set. We have some very talented painters on this forum. :-)

I wish I had the time to paint

@coachofmany:

@John:

@coachofmany:

Very nice paint job!!

I wish I had the time to paint

It would be nice, but I’m in retail and don’t have the time either. That is why he is painting and I am not, LOL. :-D

• '16 Customizer

Weather update: I’m waiting for a warmer day to spray the pieces, at which point I will photograph and upload them as well! I’ve attached a photo of what it looks like outside - a bit too cold for spraying :) I will be headed down South in the next few days though, where I should be able to spray the pieces and bring them back with me.

FirstSnow.jpg

@Spitfire38:

Weather update: I’m waiting for a warmer day to spray the pieces, at which point I will photograph and upload them as well! I’ve attached a photo of what it looks like outside - a bit too cold for spraying :) I will be headed down South in the next few days though, where I should be able to spray the pieces and bring them back with me.

We actually got some sleet here in Texas, so you may have to leave the country, LOL. :-D

• '14 Customizer

I live in Ohio and its cold here too.  I usually spray them on cold days in the garage then bring them inside to dry.

• '16 Customizer

The Japanese ground forces have been posted! The photos are in a yellow light, rather than natural light, which changes the colors a bit, so they look a bit different than in reality. Maybe John Brown can post some when he gets them in the mail.

Japanese: Completed.

• awesome work spitfire! love the camo colors! did they come out of your head or was that a actual scheme used in war you referenced? The black lines really add that contrast making the pieces stand out nicely.

Man, those are sweet Spitfire. I can’t wait to see them in person. Thanks buddy! :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m