• I’m curious if any one else has ever considered creating rules to allow a degree of secrecy within the game.  I’ve always felt that the game would be best if there was more risk associated with combat, so if you don’t do enough recon a battle you thought was gonna be a cake walk is harder than you anticipated.  I think this concept would lead to more retreating which rarely occurs in my current games because the attacker has made preparation to overwhelm the defender.  These are the rules I’ve created, they’re not final, and I was looking for ideas on how to improve them.

1. Navy
      1.1. All fleets must be represented by at least one unit (at discretion of controlling player) May not be represented by a transport unless no other unit is present
      1.2. If within two sea zones of an opponent’s fleet 50% of fleet must be revealed.
      1.3. If within 1 sea zone of an opposing fleet all units are revealed.
    2. Land
      2.1. When two enemy land territories are adjacent 40% of non-air units are revealed.
      2.2. If an enemy fleet is in a coastal sea zone, 20% of the non-air land units must be revealed
    3. Recon
      3.1. Recon Missions are carried out like Strategic bombing runs with the following addendums:
      3.1.1. If recon planes survive interception, units are revealed as follows:
      One surviving plane reveals 40% non-air units (if not already revealed) and 40% air units
      Each additional surviving plane reveals an additional 30% non-air and air units.
      3.2. Scout Plane
      3.2.1. Cost: 5
      3.2.2. Attack: 0
      3.2.3. Defense: 1
    4. Revealing
      4.1. Take percentage of units to be revealed, rounding down.  Ex: 17 non-air units are to be revealed due to adjacent enemy land territory.  17x.4=6.8 round down to 6.
      4.2. After calculating units to be revealed, one of each unit must be revealed before a duplicate unit may be revealed.  Once one of each unit has been revealed the owning player may reveal as many duplicates as he or she wishes.  Ex:  17 German non-air units are stationed in Warsaw.  Eastern Poland has been conquered by Russia and as a result Germany must reveal 40% of their units.  The German player has 7 infantry, 4 artillery, 2 SS panzer grenadiers, and 4 armor.  The German player must reveal 6 units, they have 4 types of units and must reveal 1 of each before revealing an additional 2 units of their choice.  The German player chooses to reveal 2 infantry in addition to one of each already.

Also if anyone could explain how to upload a pdf to me they look a lot better when they’re formatted properly.

• I think thats to much for a game unless you just make it for your game. We use 2 kinds of Sea Planes ( small plane moves 4 sea zones and big plane moves 6 sea zones ) to find planes. On a d6 roll a 1-3 means you found ships and a 4-6 means you didn’t find ships. You have to find ships before you can attack.
    As for ground units and factory’s you could roll a die for accuracy. Have plane attack value lower by 1 and SBR lower to. We have planes that attack at 2 on ground and attack at 3 for ships in our game now.

• I play all my games with the same two people so trust isnt an issue.  you would have to reveal what you bought every turn and all starting facilities would always be visible and new facilities would be reavealed anytime ground units would be revealed.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

This type of game is played with 2 boards, in two separate rooms, and a Referee.  Else it wouldn’t happen!

Or an electronic version… could be interesting.

• I would almost go as far as to say there would need to be 3 boards and 3 rooms.  One for the Axis, one for the Allies, and one for 3 referees (I’ll explain the 3 refs later if need be).  I guess it would be very time consuming and complex, but very entertaining for someone such as me, and I guess for others who’d like to try it.

Or, as you said already Gargantua,  the only other viable way would be to write a program/game.  The greater variety of possibilities only start from there.  But then we can just look to other games if you wanna go that far….  Like Wargame: Red Dragon.  Idk lol.

• I understand the fact that in order to ensure no cheating you would need a ref and two boards, but I only play with my brother and my best friend so I trust them not to cheat.  In addition buying a whole new board for $130 seams a bit absurd.  So I was mainly looking to see how best to optimize a 1 board solution assuming neither player cheats.

• How do you conduct combat?

• once you declare all your combats, both parties would move their units to the battle board and combat would be completed as normal.  once the territory is taken or the defender or attacker  retreats to a disclosed territory the secrecy continues as normal.  say the defender retreats, all units that have retreated would stay revealed until the defenders next turn when they are able to move units and are only required to reveal the necessary 40% due to being adjacent to an enemy territory.  if an attacker conquers a new territory, all units used to conquer that territory would be visible until their next turn when they could move their units, at which point they also would only be held to the 40% standard.

• Sounds like fun.  Too bad I don’t have anyone to try it with :/ .

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m