• Hello everybody,

I have a question about de UK Europe national objective. The rule say that UK must own all his territories for achieving the national objective. My question is : is it all his territories including per example Malta island or is all his economic territories ?

Thank you !

• '14 Customizer

All territories that are original UK territories on the Europe map, excluding West India and including Western Canada.

• Customizer

It’s any territory that has either a UK symbol or Canada symbol.
    One thing I have seen happen a few times is Italy dropping an infantry on Cyprus just to deny UK that NO and really ruffle their feathers.

• @knp7765:

One thing I have seen happen a few times is Italy dropping an infantry on Cyprus just to deny UK that NO and really ruffle their feathers.

Good thinking out ot the Box, I’ll try that NeXT game :-)

• TripleA

I wish UK just needed to Egypt, East Canada, South Africa, and Gibraltar for that NO.

• '14 Customizer

I agree Cow. Its like when UK was being designed they were given the left overs, hehe.

We had a NO house rule that gave UK + 3 for holding Gib, Malta, Egypt and Trans-J.  Also had another NO +3 for holding all the Canadian territories and Iceland.  I got these ideas I think from knp or YG.

• Customizer

@cyanight:

I agree Cow. Its like when UK was being designed they were given the left overs, hehe.

We had a NO house rule that gave UK + 3 for holding Gib, Malta, Egypt and Trans-J.  Also had another NO +3 for holding all the Canadian territories and Iceland.  I got these ideas I think from knp or YG.

Yeah, I came up with those. I simply did away with the “UK Controlling all original territories NO” since I felt it was next to impossible after round 2 or 3. Also pointless since when the Axis are really active, the UK simply can’t get that NO because they are too busy either defending critical areas or planning offensives against the Axis that will really hurt them. When the Axis are getting beaten, an extra $5 doesn’t really mean much to UK by then.
    Also, since I have always thought the UK didn’t get enough chance at NO money, I created the following:
    +5 IPCs for no German submarines in the Atlantic or Mediterranean excluding sea zones 113, 114, 115, and 100.
    +3 IPCs for UK control of ALL Canadian territories
    +3 IPCs for UK control of Gibraltar, Malta, Egypt and Trans-Jordan
    +3 IPCs for Allied control of Eastern Persia, Persia, NW Persia and Iraq
    +3 IPCs for Allied control of Ethiopia and Italian Somaliland and no Axis units in any African territory south of the Sahara and Egypt.

I figured all of these would give the UK more chance at getting something extra without being too generous. That’s why I made most of them 3 IPCs instead of 5 IPCs.
    The Canadian NO is obviously the easiest and they will probably get that one the whole game (unless Sealion happens).
    The Gibraltar, Malta, Egypt and Trans-Jordan NO is a little harder because those are all points the Axis could go after. I think this one is probably the most historic as well.
    The Middle East NO isn’t terribly hard, but requires some effort and resource allocation to accomplish.
    The Africa NO is about the same in difficulty as the Middle East NO. It can be a bit of a pain tracking down those few Italians in Africa, especially when UK wants to concentrate on keeping Egypt out of Axis hands.
    The No German Submarines NO can be really hard or fairly easy depending on how your German player plays. When I’m Germany, I try to get a sub or two every round to always keep some out there to convoy raid the UK or threaten the US Navy. Other players hardly ever get submarines.

I also added an NO for UK Pacific.
    +5 IPCs for Allied control of Sumatra, Java, Borneo and Celebes.

I wanted to give them a little more plus it’s in direct confrontation with the Japanese NO.

• @knp7765:

Yeah its exactly what happen in my last game and I wonder how easy it is for Italia to drop a infantry on cyprus.

Also, thank you all for your ideas of UK NO !

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m