Canada rules for Europe and Global 1940

• I’m referring to 2nd edition only

Canada moves after Italy

New UK national objective: +5 IPC for allied control of Iceland, Greenland, and Newfoundland Labrador, and no Axis sea units occupying Canadian Sea Zones

Place 1 Canadian infantry on the United Kingdom

Canada has a national objective: +5 IPC for control of all originally Canadian territories (West Canada included), and allied control of Newfoundland Labrador

Place 4 Canadian Infantry in Quebec, 1 Canadian Infantry and Tank in Ontario, 1 Cruiser and Destroyer in Sea Zone 106 (Remove all UK units in all those territories)

Other: 1 ANZAC cruiser in Sea Zone 98, 1 French Submarine in Sea Zone 109, Move the Chinese Fighter to Yunnan, 1 French Infantry and Naval Base and Minor factory on French Indo-China, 1 Soviet Destroyer in Sea Zone 5, 1 Soviet Fighter in Sakha

• There’s a few ways you can implement Canada.

Here’s another thread about the subject:  http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=29640.0

My take on including Canada is on the last page.

• Customizer

I think putting the IC and Naval Base on French Indo China would be a mistake. That would be a gift to Japan and well worth them losing the 10 IPC NO for not invading French Indo China. That may make it easier for Japan to take India.

• @knp7765:

I think putting the IC and Naval Base on French Indo China would be a mistake. That would be a gift to Japan and well worth them losing the 10 IPC NO for not invading French Indo China. That may make it easier for Japan to take India.

Remove the ANZAC Infantry from Malaya to India and place 2 more ANZAC Infantry, also place 1 ANZAC Submarine to Sea Zone 47

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17

Hi all,

Been a long time reader on the boards, but this is my first time posting! Been an avid AA player and history buff for a long time. Sorry to post here at such a later date, but I wanted to get an opinion.

My take on adding Canada to the game without too much drastic effects on the playability involved a couple of moving parts.

1. Give Canada the 7 ipc income of the Canadian territories to spend each turn, but that same ipc value still counts towards the UK as well, with the UK also able to build from IC’s there.

2. Do the same thing for South Africa, giving them both South Africa territories and Rhodesia for a 4 ipc total. Again, UK still controls the money as well, with UK also able to build from IC’s there.

3. Both Commonwealths still play as part of the UK, buy, move, combat, etc. Essentially just adding 11 ipc income.

To counter this so it’s not unfair to the Axis, do the same thing with Romania, Finland, Bulgaria, and Hungary (Slovakia-Hungary on the map of course). Those four powers would have a total of 9 ipc value between them. I figured the extra two ipc’s would have minimal effect.

Essentially all I did was add ipc’s and therefore troop numbers to the game, just forcing them to be used at their respective locales.

My only thought with this was would the immediacy of the minor Axis powers being on the front lines basically effect gameplay on the Eastern Front more so than the added Commonwealth powers would in Africa and Europe? I don’t want to hurt the USSR unfairly.

Any feedback would be great! Glad to finally post and be a part of the community!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m