• I just played my first game of G42 yesterday and was extremely pleased with it. It had been awhile since I had played A&A at all due to life circumstances. I was actually rather surprised by how much more I liked it than G40, which I do love.
    What is your favorite of the official games in the 1940 family, that is Europe 1940, Pacific 1940, Global 1940,  and Global 1942?
    Personally, I really enjoyed G42 but have only played it once. After that, I think my favorite is Pacific 1940 because it seems to have the most variety in how the game can play out and is the least likely to boil down to predictable battle lines. Global 1940 is fun, of course, as long as you can play it over multiple sessions it can really be quite epic. I haven’t played Europe 1940 in years, I found very little about the game unique when compared to other A&A games.

What seems to be the consensus about G42? What are your thoughts on G40 vs it’s single-theater halves?

• Morning Tralis. 42 is my favourite, as it is new and I have played it less. Japan also starts with fewer Air units, which is more reasonable. Italy is more Realistically represented too.

I dislike Pacific, as Russia is not represented. This makes holding Manchuria with Japan, pointless. Japan should have a rule stating 6 units must stay there for the duration of the game or have 6 units removed to compensate.

• hello Trails.My favorite map is Global 1940 and my second favorite map is Pacific 1940.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m