• Im begining work on a new Kursk game with a 4x3 or 5x3 map and lots of pieces representing the historical divisions/brigades that fought. Each combat unit is represented by a number of “pieces” so for example a division = 3-4 infantry pieces and one artillery unit. The game will feature a vector based map of the topography of the area . Their will be a card driven system for some movement and random events. If any body has any ideas on what should be included in this game just post away. example ideas on cards or unit types.

If you have random cards to drive play like D-Day I can give you an idea:

Specialty units:

Rocket Artillery, gets to roll 3 Dice

Snipers, Casulties cannot Return Fire

Reconnaisiance Vehicles, If the unit wins in a combat territory it can move again in equivelant NCM

Tank Hunters, Can Target Armor

Assault Battalion, When Fighting in City Zones they roll 2 Dice

just some ideas… But they are played like Tactics with a Twist… Each player gets a seperate list of Specialty units equivelant to the amount of Order Cards… When a new order comes into play so is a new specialty unit… You can activate it if you choose… You can hold it in your hand as long as you like with a limit of 2 cards… when played the unit effects only the amount of units or battle limits allowed per what the card says…

Its funny cause I got on right now to research Market-Garden for the possibility of converting it into a “Battle Game”… 8)

Thoughts?
    GG

• Rocket Artillery, gets to roll 3 Dice

–-Im not sure the nerberwerfer or volkswerfer was available in 1943.

Snipers, Casulties cannot Return Fire

—This game is Division/Brigade/Battalion level. I cant have “teams” of snipers on this level. Think operational level wargame. This is not axis and allies miniatures.

Reconnaisiance Vehicles, If the unit wins in a combat territory it can move again in equivelant NCM

—perhaps the light armor can move more than the medium tanks for recon purposes.

Tank Hunters, Can Target Armor

— Yes self-propelled armor (elephants and Jagdpanthers) will be represented along with anti-tank guns/assault guns.

Assault Battalion, When Fighting in City Zones they roll 2 Dice

----I suppose the German Kampfgruppe can account for some bonus if attacking certain targets in specific terrain.

Make sure you make sure your “market-garden” game has the facts straight. If you want i can make your map but it will cost something but i can assure you it will be the best thing you ever saw.

Thanks for the MAp offer but I think I would rather have the experience of designing it to full production…

I know that nerberwerfer were available by Feb. 1943…

Remember it is not representing a whole unit of Snipers but Elite Snipers within a Division… It could also represent Heavy Machine Gun Battalions…

• The Kursk game is basically done . I still am waiting on the map from the printers and have to finish up the event cards. It is very close.

• Let us know what it comes out my man.  Looking forward to it.

Rune Blade

http://axisandallies.metalsaber.com

• Its done except the action cards. Im doing them right now. I will email you some rulesets.

• I forgot to mention that i will post pictures of all the games we play at Gen Con and post them on this site. Any further requests for a ruleset must come from the site namely:

www.advancedaxisandallies.com

• there were no Jagdpanthers at Kursk  :wink:…they werent produced until 1944

• Right you are…they arent in the game  i just sliped in that tank for illustrative point… armored brigades have a icon in the corner which is an elephant or tiger tank and they enjoy the advantage of taking two hits before a step reduction. Ahh heck ill just post something here so you got an idea.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m