Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

Sea Zone Movement Rules?

• I have a question about ships moving into sea zones that already contain enemy ships.
    For example if turn 1 the Russian Battleship moves into through the minefield and into the Seazone containing German ships.

Can a player move ships into a sea zone containing enemies without needing to roll dice during combat?
    Also when is the choice to combat or to not combat made? After other battles are concluded? Declared at time of moving? After minefields are rolled?

In the rulebook it says “Attacks in territories that were already contested at the beginning of the turn and in sea zones are always optional, even if you have moved units into them this turn.” -Page 17 under phase 3 Conduct combat

Also it says “When you have warships (not transports) in a sea zone containing enemy ships, you can elect to attack them or not attack them. Unlike a land battle, a sea battle can go on for multiple rounds of combat as long as the attacker wants to continue. You, as the attacker, can stop the battle at the end of any combat round.”-Page 20 under sea combat

If this is answered elsewhere could someone link to the answer please?

I am asking this question because it adds more choices for ship movements.

• Official Answers

Welcome, alejsgo!

@alejsgo:

Can a player move ships into a sea zone containing enemies without needing to roll dice during combat?

Yes.  The only time sea combat is required is when you are planning on offloading units from transports in the sea zone.

@alejsgo:

Also when is the choice to combat or to not combat made? After other battles are concluded? Declared at time of moving? After minefields are rolled?

You can make the choice to conduct combat at any time during the Conduct Combat phase.  The only restriction is that sea combats in sea zones from which transports will offload must be done before land combats in the territories into which they offload.

• Thanks for the kind words and the quick response Krieghund

• Well, Krieghund, if that’s the official word I’ve been playing wrong.
    I will have to rethink some strategies.

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m