DECAL source needed: White "dashed" stripes for Air Base runways

• Customizer

Guys,

––Does anyone know of a source of White “dashed” stripe DECALS? I’m thinking of the type “dashed” stripes that are seen on streets/highways.
    ––We need these decals to mark the runways on our Air Base project, pictured below:
    Any help or suggestions made would be greatly appreciated as the Air Base project is temporarily on “hold” until we can locate some small white “dashed” stripe DECALS. Thanks for any help.

Tall Paul
    Base, Air-X01CC.jpg

• I don’t know if you saw it but made a stencil suggestion over here that might work:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=26834.msg1299332#new

• Customizer

@Tall:

Guys,

––Does anyone know of a source of **White “dashed” stripe DECALS?
    I’m thinking of the type “dashed” stripes that are seen on streets/highways.
    ––We need these decals to mark the runways on our Air Base project, pictured below:
    Any help or suggestions made would be greatly appreciated as the Air Base project is temporarily on “hold” until we can locate some small white “dashed” stripe DECALS. Thanks for any help.

Tall Paul

Base, Air-X01CC.jpg
    Base, Air-X02CC.jpg**

• Customizer

TP,

Testor’s sells a kit to make your own decals.

They also sell a special pinstriping tape that comes in various widths.

If you end up needing tape you could create the effect by making two parallel lines with a narrow gap between them. Then cut small “dashes” with same said tape. Then paint your desired color over the masked area. Once dry remove the tape and you will have the effect of a dashed line. Lay the tape in a pattern similar to this.

_______________________top stripe

• -middle stripe
                                          –-----------------------------------bottom stipe
                                          This crude diagram is the best I can do from a smart phone. However I assume you know that the striping tape on the bottom and top are flush to the “dashed stripes” kind of like a ladder with the rungs that run parallel with the rails.

Hope this helps.

• Customizer

Toblerone77, CWO Marc & Others ,

––I TRULY appreciate all of your help and suggestions. They would probably ALL work well
    other than we are having to ‘decorate’ 48 of these Air Bases with ‘runway stripes’, and IMHO DECALS seem to be the quickest, easiest,…and BEST method in this case. Besides, we still have (many) more than a thousand units to paint!
    ----I feel there must be some white decal dashed stripes SOMEWHERE that we just haven’t found the source from YET. Besides,…if it takes too long to FIND the decals we will just make some of our own,…it’s fairly easy.
    ----Thanks again, guys for your suggestions. This is just ONE of the reasons I really enjoy this forum. People, sharing Fun, Advice, & Opinions WITHOUT getting in squabbles.

Tall Paul

• Customizer

TP,

You’re welcome sir. If I find any of the decals you need I’ll let you know.

• '18 '17 '16

I know a producer in Germany, who could deliver a mixture of white dashed and continous lines decals (s. picture). One decal consists of 23 white lines, each of 125 mm length and 0,75mm width, where each decal is EUR 3,50. A direct shipping from the producer to the U.S. would be very expensive, it is about EUR 35,-. If you are interested in, I can order the decals and send it to you personally. This will cause shipping costs of roundabout EUR 10 (depending on the weight…).

The decal is a digital print, that is, you have to cut out the lines. More pleasant would be a screen print, then each line is spearated from the others as a distinct decal in the printing process.

The producer also offers an individual development of decals, but I don’t know how much this is in EUR or $. If you are interested in I will ask.

Web: www.ds-design.de, english and german language

white dashed lines.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m