• '18 '17 '16

Due to the migration of the Axis&Allies homepage the order of contents related to the pages of this thread has changed.

You find the links to the maps on pages 2 and 3 of this thread.

The link IL is proposing does not lead to the 5 versions of the supreme map. If you want to download one or all of the supreme maps, you have to switch to page 2 and 3 of this thread. The 5 versions are described in detail.

• Good morning. I’m writing to ask help in converting the supreme map into a series of 8x10 image files that I can have printed by, e.g., shutterfly (currently offering a sale where 8x10s bought through the app are $1 each, free shipping with $5 purchase). I’d like to print the map as 8 sections, arranged 4x2. I understand that this would leave white space at the top and bottom edges. Thanks, Eph

• '18 '17 '16

Hi Foxtrot,

why do you want to cut a map into 8 pieces?

This question aside, I don’t know, how to handle this, I never tried. The original map has to be devided into 8 parts, that is, 8 mini maps, every mini map consisting of a certain space of the original map. For those kind of operations I recommend a powerful programm like photoshop.

• As I said, Shutterfly had a promotion where 8x10 prints were $1, and free shipping with no minimum. I would like to print the Supreme Map on a budget - I have the impression that printing it full-size as a poster costs upwards of $50. Printing as a set of 8x10s (even if more than 8), would be much cheaper, I think (although I would welcome other suggestions).

• cant cut the map file into bits, just print a full map and roll up in a tube for gaming.

• My local CVS just got a large photo printer and is charging the same price (about $22) for either a 24x36 or 24x72 poster. I want to buy a print in the larger size, with 2 of the supreme map side by side, so I can cut it and have 2 maps.

I want to use the highest resolution of the maps, but Paint won’t open the PNG file. Can anyone point me toward how I might create a single file, with 2 of the supreme maps (version 4 of 5 and 5 of 5) next to each other, with a small space for cutting them apart?

Thanks, Eph

• maybe try GIMP

• Buy it as a roll-up. Individual pieces suck. Print on Vinyl in semi gloss 300 DPI and heavy material

• I’ve abandoned my print-on-multiple-pages idea.

How much would it cost to “Vinyl in semi gloss 300 DPI and heavy material”? Printing it at CVS will cost be ~$12/map.

• Call your local printer. NOT KINKOS. write that down so you don’t forget what to ask them. Come back here with the price.

• vodotV vodot referenced this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m