• '18 '17 '16

A short google search showed me, that the import-layer-feature is obviously not included in Photoshop. That’s a pitty, because imported layers ease the work with graphics extraordinarily. Nevertheless, Photoshop has got the opportunity to work with layers, what I highly recommend to you. Layers work like transparencies on an overhead projector. On any transparency you can add some details, when all slides are put on top of each other, the picture is completed (e.g. the map with all of its details). Another advantage of this technique is, that you do not apply “permanent tattoes” (e.g. “painting” over the IPC tracker - this will last forever and is not reversible later on).

• Layers totally confuse me- I always flatten the image out - if I want to put something back I go to the original map and clone it back on there. Not the professional way I’m sure, but my senior mind can grasp it - lol.

• '14

Thanks for all the input comrades!

• I’m looking over your v14 of the map Dedo, and it looks really nice.  Is that the most recent version?  The reason I ask is because your borders for Poland don’t match those on my board out of the box.  On my board it doesn’t border Karelia; Baltic and Belorussia cut it out.

• '18 '17 '16

Actually it’s the latest version whereas I’m in preparation of a newer one. And: you’re right! I just cross checked the border topology, thank you for the feedback! I don’t know how often I checked especially the border configuration, but there is nothing better than a second pair of eyes. I’m going to change it today!

• '18 '17 '16

Map corrected:
    -Borders around Poland adjusted

New version

PLEASE LOOK ON p2 AND p3 OF THE THREAD FOR THE FINAL VERSIONS!!!
    5 VERSIONS OF DIFFERENT STYLE ARE DELIVERED!!!

• Wow,  thanks for the quick turnaround! I’m hoping to print out your map at about  6ft length. Before I commit to printing this version,  I’m curious what changes you’re working on for the next and what your time-line is.  Thanks again!

• '18 '17 '16

Things I’m going to do are more of a technical claim.

I’m working on another border-style, which is very time consuming. Like in the map for 1941 I prefer the 3-line border style, consisting of non bezier-points (bezier points are editable by adding vectors; by doing so straight lines can be transformed into curved ones). The borders in the map for 1942 are consisting of bezier-points. Eventually any line, any curve has to be transformed. For this work, the correctness of the border topology is of most importance (…again, thank you for your feedback!). The 3-line border style is demanding, you have to edit 2 lines in any point of the line to fit the origin line, it’s not possible to just copy and paste a line. This takes a lot of time.

Another step is to introduce “written” territory names. Right now the names of the territories are “curves”. At fourth, new layers will be introduced (e.g. house rule layers for another IPC assignment to the territories, alternative or additional roundels). Most things will make no significant change in comparisson to the actual map. Concerning the time line: given the experience I gained up to now, this all will need several hours a day for 2 up to 3 weeks.

• Pardon my ignorance, but the point of this map is to print it on a larger scale than the one that comes in the box or there are other changes (territories, sea zones, etc) done as well?

I just got this board game a few days ago, and haven’t had a chance to open it up yet so wondering if I should just start with printing this map or not.

Thanks!

• '18 '17 '16

The printable map is 167cm x 86cm, the OOB map is 107cm x 67cm. The printable map consists of the landscape style (background bitmap) of the 1942 1st-edition map (created by imperious leader) AND/BUT the border and territory configuration of the 1942 2nd-edition map. The map of 1942 1st ed. was used because the OOB 1942 2nd ed. was barely nice (awfully stretched territories especially in Europe).

So, yes, the point was to put the 1942 2nd game to a larger scale than the OOb map. Seazones and territories remained the same as OOB.

• @dedo:

The printable map is 167cm x 86cm, the OOB map is 107cm x 67cm. The printable map consists of the landscape style (background bitmap) of the 1942 1st-edition map (created by imperious leader) AND/BUT the border and territory configuration of the 1942 2nd-edition map. The map of 1942 1st ed. was used because the OOB 1942 2nd ed. was barely nice (awfully stretched territories especially in Europe).

So, yes, the point was to put the 1942 2nd game to a larger scale than the OOb map. Seazones and territories remained the same as OOB.

Got it, thanks!

• @dedo:

Map corrected:
    -Borders around Poland adjusted

Hi, and thnks a lot again for the huge work and quality. Is the link given in the post above mentioning new version the final printable version ?
    Thanks !  :-)

• Little up for Dedo about the final version of this map  :wink:

• '18 '17 '16

Some final clicks have to be made…after roundabout 40 hours of work…
    You will receive several maps:

• triple border style map with IPC-track and Mobilization zone
    • triple border style map without IPC-Track and no Mobilization zone (for the purists…)
    • double border style map with IPC-track and Mobilization zone
    • double border style map without IPC-Track and no Mobilization zone (for the purists…)

I recommend to CHECK THE MAP before printing! All borders are new, all names new.

• '18 '17 '16

Newest version, triple border, mob zone, IPC track:

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO CHECK THE MAP PRIOR PRINTING!

PLEASE LOOK ON p.2 AND p.3 OF THE THREAD FOR THE FINAL VERSIONS!!!

• '18 '17 '16

Newest version, double border, Mob zone, IPC track:

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND TO CHECK THE MAP PRIOR PRINTING!
    PLEASE LOOK ON p.2 AND p.3 OF THE THREAD FOR THE FINAL VERSIONS!!!

• Again, thanks a lot. Will wait for the two last one, check them, and see which one i will print. You are the boss !
    I have, myself, translated into french, for those who would be interested:

• 1942 1st ed
      -1942 sec edtion
    • 1940 Pacific first ed
    • 1940 Europe first ed
    • Guadalcanal

• Both file downloads are corrupt for me.

• '18 '17 '16

What do you mean by “corrupt”?
    You cannot download the file? It does not open? There are failures in the map?

• '18 '17 '16

Both file downloads are corrupt for me.

I just downloaded both maps without any problems. Maps were displayed correctly. I assume, you may have done a mistake in the download procedure?

Correct procedure:
    1. click on link
    2. screen of mediafires open, a download starts, but:
    3. interrupt the download by clicking on the download button at the upper right top of the screen:

Download button.jpg

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m