• I got it all figured out and they printed it for me. I appreciate all the help and support. I’m very impressed by the members of this forum.

Here is a timeline of events…

Dec. 19th I submit the map to FedEx online. Also make payment.

Dec. 21st I’m notified there was an issue printing my order to please contact the store location. I do so and I’m informed of the copyright issue. I explain that it is not the actual A&A copyrighted game board its custom created etc. etc. FedEx then explains that I need 1 of the 2 and they will print it… the authors permission, or the A&A copyright holder permission, (Wizards of the Coast) I get home and look on the forums and post about my issue.

Dec. 22nd I google a support phone number for Wizards of the Coast, call and explain my issue. I’m sent an e-mail in which I can submit my “question” as they called it.

Shortly after that I send Imperious an e-mail explaining things and request permission. I get a reply in about an hour granting me permission. I forward that e-mail to the store manager at FedEx. He says “it will be ready by noon tomorrow.”

Dec. 23rd around 2pm I pick up the map!

It looks great I’m very pleased.

Should be noted that I also received permission from wizards of the coast around noon on the 23rd. That’s some pretty outstanding customer support in my opinion as I though that was going to take weeks!

Problem solved. Again, thanks to the forums and a special thanks to Imperious.

• '17 '16

Maybe Imperious can post a “permission” letter in this thread or attach it to the download file to avoid possible confusions such as this with overzealous print shops?

• Id rather answer people individually on that topic.

• Love the work here!  Used version 5 of the map - printed at staples on the outdoor sign vinyl for about $65.  Thanks for putting so much time in to this.  The improvements are huge in so many ways - size and scale being at the top of the list.  Also I love the larger fonts, and that the printed country symbols are the exact size of the roundels.  A nice touch that you can put the roundel right on top of it.

Not sure if you are still looking to make any improvements, but if I may make 2 suggestions:

1. The A, B, and C indicating which sea zone you come out in when you go to one side of the board to the other are a nice touch.  Version 5 o the Map is missing the C in the south Pacific.  Pretty clear where it should be, but would be neat if it were added.  Not sure if it is missing from all the maps or just 5.

2. Any way to lighten Germany and Russia just a little - particularly the darker parts?  There have been a few times when a lone fighter or maybe artillery blended in and we didn’t see them at first.  Nothing went totally invisible , but from across the map easy to miss.  This was not an issue on other parts of the board.

Again, thanks for the work!

• How do I go about downloading this map? I am looking to get a large board made up as well. Need someone to hold my hand a bit as I am not seeing a link to download so I can bring to a local FedEx or something. Thank you.

• Go to IL’s map files thread or

Imperious Leader 2017 2016 2015 Organizer 2014 Customizer 2013 2012 '11 '10 May 17, 2014, 8:49 PM

https://www.mediafire.com/?hl61jg35qc9lmjj

• '18 '17 '16

Due to the migration of the Axis&Allies homepage the order of contents related to the pages of this thread has changed.

You find the links to the maps on pages 2 and 3 of this thread.

The link IL is proposing does not lead to the 5 versions of the supreme map. If you want to download one or all of the supreme maps, you have to switch to page 2 and 3 of this thread. The 5 versions are described in detail.

• Good morning. I’m writing to ask help in converting the supreme map into a series of 8x10 image files that I can have printed by, e.g., shutterfly (currently offering a sale where 8x10s bought through the app are $1 each, free shipping with $5 purchase). I’d like to print the map as 8 sections, arranged 4x2. I understand that this would leave white space at the top and bottom edges. Thanks, Eph

• '18 '17 '16

Hi Foxtrot,

why do you want to cut a map into 8 pieces?

This question aside, I don’t know, how to handle this, I never tried. The original map has to be devided into 8 parts, that is, 8 mini maps, every mini map consisting of a certain space of the original map. For those kind of operations I recommend a powerful programm like photoshop.

• As I said, Shutterfly had a promotion where 8x10 prints were $1, and free shipping with no minimum. I would like to print the Supreme Map on a budget - I have the impression that printing it full-size as a poster costs upwards of $50. Printing as a set of 8x10s (even if more than 8), would be much cheaper, I think (although I would welcome other suggestions).

• cant cut the map file into bits, just print a full map and roll up in a tube for gaming.

• My local CVS just got a large photo printer and is charging the same price (about $22) for either a 24x36 or 24x72 poster. I want to buy a print in the larger size, with 2 of the supreme map side by side, so I can cut it and have 2 maps.

I want to use the highest resolution of the maps, but Paint won’t open the PNG file. Can anyone point me toward how I might create a single file, with 2 of the supreme maps (version 4 of 5 and 5 of 5) next to each other, with a small space for cutting them apart?

Thanks, Eph

• maybe try GIMP

• Buy it as a roll-up. Individual pieces suck. Print on Vinyl in semi gloss 300 DPI and heavy material

• I’ve abandoned my print-on-multiple-pages idea.

How much would it cost to “Vinyl in semi gloss 300 DPI and heavy material”? Printing it at CVS will cost be ~$12/map.

• Call your local printer. NOT KINKOS. write that down so you don’t forget what to ask them. Come back here with the price.

• vodotV vodot referenced this topic on

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m