• Hi everybody, long time no see.

Anyways, I just had to post this here. First, explanation of what The Aristocrats is (From Wikipedia).

The Aristocrats (also known as The Debonaires and The Sophisticates) is a joke which is alleged to have been told by numerous stand-up comedians since Vaudeville, and often only among an audience of other comedians. In publicity for a 2005 documentary film about the joke, it has been referred to as “the world’s funniest joke” and “the world’s worst joke.” It may be either depending on who’s telling it, who’s listening and the innumerable variations upon the theme. It is rarely told the same way twice.

The joke is something of a game in which those who tell it try to top each other in terms of shock value. This was also used as an inside joke by comedians to test the mettle of others. Throughout the history of the joke it has evolved from a cliche staple of the Vaudevillian comedian into a postmodern anti-joke.

Anyways, here is an example from the Aristocrats Joke Database.

(from http://www.dead-frog.com/aristocrats/ )

########WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS PURPOSLY GROSE, DISGUSTING AND REVOLTING. IF CAN’T HANDLE SOMETHING LIKE THAT DONT READ IT########

I’m not sure what the point of this was but I don’t thing I can allow it… That was probably the most discusting thing I have ever read. :)
    dezrtfish

• @dezrtfish:

I’m not sure what the point of this was but I don’t thing I can allow it… That was probably the most discusting thing I have ever read. :)
    dezrtfish

LOL, yeah, it is pretty disgusting but thats the point. Nobody gets the actual punchline anymore, becuase the joke is so old.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m