• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

For those of you of American citizenship/descent.  For the rest of ya, well…hope your extra ordinary fourth of July is okay, but INDEPENDANCE DAY!!!  Woot!  Let’s hear it for the Back to Back World War Champs!!!

(Shh…we’ll overlook the fact we showed up late in both wars, better late than never I do say!)

• @Cmdr:

For those of you of American citizenship/descent.  For the rest of ya, well…hope your extra ordinary fourth of July is okay, but INDEPENDANCE DAY!!!  Woot!  Let’s hear it for the Back to Back World War Champs!!!Â

Here’s an anecdote along the same lines, and which is timely because July 4 this year coincided with the last stages of the World Cup.  Some years after WWII (I don’t know the exact date, and I can’t even verify the authenticity of this story), Germany defeated Britain in a World Cup final game.  Up in the broadcast booth, a German sports journalist turned to a British colleague and said, “Aha, we’ve beaten you at your national game!”  The British journalist replied, “And we’ve beaten you at yours – twice.”

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Why aren’t there any knock knock jokes for the fourth of July???

BECAUSE FREEDOM RINGS!!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m