Delta Deck: cards for playing G40 Delta house rules

• Sponsor

The 1st image is for the “War Time Production” advantage, and the 2nd image is for the “Commonwealth Aid” advantage (cards have been updated on page #1).

Ruby Loftus Breech-ring, 1943.jpg
    War Time Production.jpg

• Sponsor

FOUND IT!!!… I’M SOOO HAPPY!

Blitzkrieg Tactics advantage card has been updated on page 1 of this thread, I even put it through the filter to sharpen the image a little and it looks perfect.

Blitzkrieg tactics 0.jpg

• Customizer

YG,
    Thanks for cluing me in on how you plan to use the Airborne Assault, War Time Production, Long Range Aircraft and Modernized Shipyards cards. Placing each card out with the country roundels on them is a really great idea.
    Also, I didn’t take into account cards for the Strategic Objectives. Really great that you managed to make it exactly 54 to make use of a full Artcow deck.
    The pictures you are using are looking great. I can’t wait until you get these finished so I can get a deck for myself.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Young:

Blitzkrieg Tactics advantage card has been updated on page 1 of this thread, I even put it through the filter to sharpen the image a little and it looks perfect.

Nice… definitely the right one there.

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

@Young:

Nice… definitely the right one there.

Did you happen to see the new “around the clock bombing” image?

@Young:

Yeah, I made a point to go back and look at that one. Excellent choice! I think these cards are really, really nice and your choice of images is perfect. I particularly like the artistic style and believe it fits perfectly with the game.

I am excited to see these in print and would love to get a deck of my own.

Question:  What kind of finish do you anticipate having on the cards? My personal opinion is that I would not do glossy (I am imagining a deck of playing cards). Just seems like it wouldn’t have the right feel. Though I don’t know what options you have with Artscow.

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

@Young:

Yeah, I made a point to go back and look at that one. Excellent choice! I think these cards are really, really nice and your choice of images is perfect. I particularly like the artistic style and believe it fits perfectly with the game.

I am excited to see these in print and would love to get a deck of my own.

Question:   What kind of finish do you anticipate having on the cards? My personal opinion is that I would not do glossy (I am imagining a deck of playing cards). Just seems like it wouldn’t have the right feel. Though I don’t know what options you have with Artscow.

Still finishing details in illustrator, than I gotta separate and convert each card into their own PDF file, than I’ll work in artscow but unsure right now as to different finishing coats they offer. I’m hoping to have the deck available to order from artscow 2 weeks from today, that’s the deadline I’m giving myself, do you think your Global group will try Delta if they have their own deck?

@Young:

do you think your Global group will try Delta if they have their own deck?

Yeah, I think they would. Actually we just played this weekend, but didn’t quite finish. I am pretty sure they would be willing to try it out.

• Customizer

I think I am going to wait until the decks are available before trying these out myself. For one thing, I think it will be much easier to reference the cards than having to check the printed out rules over and over.
    Also, so far I have printed out the Delta rules three times now because things kept changing. With the smaller changes, I would just write them in but there came too many times where you actually replaced choices or totally re-worked one or another.
    I am only partially complaining. I know this is a work in progress and I really appreciate YG for putting all these ideas together and spending the time to design the cards. It’s just a little frustrating printing them out (it takes about 10 pages to just get the new rules) then a couple of days later having to do it all over again.
    So, I am hoping when you actually have the deck finished and it is available to purchase that the rules themselves should be finished.

• Sponsor

I do apologize for all the changes, especially the ones made after I said the rule set was complete. When ever I play test it with my group, they seem to find loop holes or pairings that are to unbalanced for them, and of course I want them to be happy because if they don’t play Delta rules with me, my work will be in vain. This Saturday is the group’s last play test and the cards will be available on Artscow around July 20th. That will put these Delta 1st edition rules in stone, and hopefully they’re good enough that we won’t need a 2nd edition, but if needed 2nd edition deck won’t be developed until next year.

• Sponsor

Gave my print guy the illustrator file today, he will print the cards on heavy card stock and cut them for me by Friday, so our group will have a physical proto type to play test with on Saturday.

@Young:

Gave my print guy the illustrator file today, he will print the cards on heavy card stock and cut them for me by Friday, so our group will have a physical proto type to play test with on Saturday.

Cool. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

@Young:

Cool. Looking forward to hearing how it goes.

Will do, also had an idea to use the 15 space turn tracker on my custom map to instead track the bonus income gained by controling enemy capital cities and major cities.

• Sponsor

Just picked up my cards from the print shop and they look amazing!

photo1.JPG

• Sponsor

They needed 3 pages (12" X 18" each) to hold all the cards (2 1/4" X 3 1/2"), here is page 2, of course the artscow cards will be sized as required.

photo2.JPG

• Sponsor

Here is page 3, don’t mind the card in the middle… it is an experiment that may or may not be included with the artscow deck as these prints are just proto types for our play test this Saturday.

photo3.JPG

I like these a lot. Nice work. I am sure they look even better in person.

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

I like these a lot. Nice work. I am sure they look even better in person.

Thanks LH,

I admit that I had a mini orgasam when I saw them :mrgreen:

@Young:

I admit that I had a mini orgasam when I saw them :mrgreen:

:-o  Not an image I needed!

• Customizer

Man those cards look great. Really can’t wait to get them for myself. PLEASE let us know when they will be available.
    Much praise to Young Grasshopper to doing all this work. At least it was a labor of love.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m