Delta Deck: cards for playing G40 Delta house rules

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Imperious:

If you dont have 52 unique card ideas, fill the rest with tech cards, neutral army cards, etc.

Or just double up your existing cards and get multiples printed in one 52 deck set…. saves some money right?

@Young:

I thought I would put a spin on futuristic WW2 aircraft concepts considering that it’s round #10 in the game, but I agree with sticking to conventional perception. I like those suggestions, The SP artillery pic is what I’m looking for, I just wish it was Italian. Here are some more long range aircraft pics to consider…

Here is one of a Semovente SPA (Italian)… they are the type that Field Marshal Games uses in their pieces.

semovente-75-18_01.jpg

@Young:

Also found a better 1-400 class sub while looking for a japanese destroyer.

Love this one!

• Or just double up your existing cards and get multiples printed in one 52 deck set…. saves some money right?

It creates utility if you expand all the creative ideas and fill the deck with items that can benefit all global games. Generals, special units- Waffen SS panzer, Soviet shock army, 101 airborne, patton, Rommel, etc  or make oob cards for each nation for NO’s or a card , tons of ideas are possible. Nobody needs 26 cards doubled info.

It’s freaking $12

Also, if you need help just ask.

• @LHoffman:

Here is one of a Semovente SPA (Italian)… they are the type that Field Marshal Games uses in their pieces.

Very nice!

• @Young:

while looking for a japanese destroyer.

Try here.  The pictures are clickable to expand them.

http://www.combinedfleet.com/dd.htm

@Imperious:

Or just double up your existing cards and get multiples printed in one 52 deck set…. saves some money right?

It creates utility if you expand all the creative ideas and fill the deck with items that can benefit all global games. Generals, special units- Waffen SS panzer, Soviet shock army, 101 airborne, patton, Rommel, etc �or make oob cards for each nation for NO’s or a card , tons of ideas are possible. Nobody needs 26 cards doubled info.

It’s freaking $12

Maybe you have not been following YGs game development… but that is not what he is looking to do.

He only has 20 or so cards for his DELTA version, so why change his entire game plan just to fill extra card slots with Artscow? He might as well make 2 decks with one order and not have to charge people $12+ per deck of 20 cards.

• Yes please help make the deck as nice as possible. This artwork is fantastic, help him in whatever area you have strength in - even if that means just looking on internet for decent artwork for the front or back of the cards.

• He might as well make 2 decks with one order and not have to charge people $12+ per deck of 20 cards.

I suppose but he runs the risk of buying a bunch of cards and getting stuck. Of course, if his intention is to make money that is the way to go.

But most people just create the file link with artscow, so people can just order the deck themselves.

Djensen offers those t- shirts but he’s not keeping inventory, you just order them, company sends them out, Djensen gets a “commission”.

He has to do literally nothing. Well anyway you get 52 cards , so if they use your idea- what to do with the other 12 cards? ( 20+20+12=52)

• Sponsor

GUYS!!!

The deck will get filled with the Strategic Objectives from the Delta rules once I design them, no worries, I’ve got everything figured out.

The help with these images is freaking awesome!!!

IL, I will definitely be asking for your help with artscow, I’ll need it.

• @CWO:

@Young:

while looking for a japanese destroyer.

Try here.  The pictures are clickable to expand them.
    http://www.combinedfleet.com/dd.htm

Note that the site from which the destroyer page comes…

http://www.combinedfleet.com/kaigun.htm

Aircraft Carriers
    Battleships
    Heavy Cruisers
    Light Cruisers
    Destroyers
    Submarines
    Miscellaneous Vessels

…has illustrated pages for other Japanese ship classes, if you’re looking for other options for the Japanese cards.  Most are paintings in the style of the cards so far.

Another source of naval pictures is…

http://www.hazegray.org/features/

…but I think it’s mostly photos rather than paintings.

• Sponsor

There have been 3 photos replaced on page one of this thread based on suggestions and materials offered by this community, thank you very much, the Delta Deck is much cooler than before. I will fix the Tokyo Express image later as I’m very tired.

Cheers.

• Here’s a page with lots of great clickable aviation paintings:

http://www.aviationartprints.com/artist.php?Artist=Anthony_Saunders_Aviation_Art

There are lots of train pictures on this page…

http://www.wallcoo.net/paint/art_train_journeys_Howard Fogg/

…including several in a snowy landscape.  I’ve posted them below, with the biggest one (http://www.wallcoo.net/paint/art_train_journeys_Howard Fogg/Schenectady_300.html) being my favourite.

Snow Train Large.jpg
    Snow Trains Other.jpg

• Sponsor

Those trains are awesome CWO Marc, and I just changed Tokyo express on page one using the following image from the site you suggested (which was described as a N0 1 class fast transport… PERFECT!)

tokyo 1.jpg

• “Commonwealth Aid” says “All units produced by original minor factories in Canada, and South Africa (except infantry units) are now $1 cheaper”…but the picture on the card shows infantry units, and the scene is rather generic.  How about using one of the pictures below instead?

Commonwealth Aid.jpg

• Sponsor

@CWO:

“Commonwealth Aid” says “All units produced by original minor factories in Canada, and South Africa (except infantry units) are now $1 cheaper”…but the picture on the card shows infantry units, and the scene is rather generic.  How about using one of the pictures below instead?

Yes, either the rule or the picture needs to be edited.

• Sponsor

Changed the “Radar” card pic to this…

radar 22.jpg

• Customizer

Something occurred to me about filling out the 52 card deck.
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but the intention is to hand out the appropriate card to the player that is using that particular advantage, right? For example, say in Round 2, Germany picks Blitzkrieg Tactics. So you would hand the German player the Blitzkrieg Tactics card and leave the Enigma Machine card in the deck.
    This way each player would know their own strategic advantage once they get their card.
    Same with the Progressive advantages. Once the player gets 20 points in dice rolls, you hand them their progressive advantage card which they can use afterward.
    Assuming this is they way you plan for this to be played, I was thinking about the Round 1 and Round 10 advantages that are available to all nations. In that case, since there are 2 choices and 8 different nations, you will need 8 card of each choice. That’s 16 cards for the Round 1 choice and 16 cards for the Round 10 choice, making 32 total.
    So, in summary, here is what we are looking at:
    Progressive Advantages = 7 total cards
    Nation Specific Advantages = 16 total cards (4 Germany R2 & R7, 4 United States R3 & R6, 2 United Kingdom R4, 4 Japan R5 & R9, 2 Russia R8)
    ALL Nation Advantages = 32 total cards ( 8 nations, 4 different possible choices )
    GRAND TOTAL = 55 cards.
    So, it is looking like you wouldn’t be able to use that Artcow since their decks are 52 cards.

Also, as for the Round 1 and Round 10 choices, I imagine it is up to you as how you design them.
    You could make a unique design for each nation which would look pretty cool but would also be a lot of work. That would mean a separate nation card for each choice ending up in 32 different designs. The picture could be the same but the cards would simply be in different national colors.
    The other choice would be to make a sort of generic card for each choice, perhaps in some color choice that doesn’t quite match any of the national colors. At least this way you would simply be making 8 of the same thing which might be a little easier and quicker to do.

@Young:

I actually kinda like the one with the hulk of a shot down German plane… really gives the impression that you will shoot down more planes.

But this one works too.

• Sponsor

@LHoffman:

@Young:

I actually kinda like the one with the hulk of a shot down German plane… really gives the impression that you will shoot down more planes.

But this one works too.

I like it because it shows 3 scrambling fighters in the air and a 4th getting prepped. It’s also a lot richer in color than the last image.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m