• In a previous thread (now I think, gone :( ) I had asked the best location for the Allied bombers (baring unusual circumstances that dictate a change in this overall strategy). The best choice seemed to be Novo as this allowed the Allied to strat bomb Germany, any Jap IC on the Asian mainland, and pick off any stray Jap transport. But now I ask, what is the best location for the German and Japanese bombers?

My preference would be the following:

Germany: Keep in W. Europe. Here you can strat bomb both UK and USSR and pick off any stray Allied transports.

Japan: Keep in Manch. Here you can strat bomb USSR, and use to help the inf. push towards moscow.

Of course, there could be reasons to change this, for example the US trying something in the Pacific … making the move of the bomber to perhaps the Phillipines desirable for a turn. But then I did not think of Novo before my post, beleiving Karelia to be the best location…and learned something. What do you think?

• I am not sure about WEurope.

The location for your bombers must be quite secure, as it is a lot of money that can’t really defend itself. So, if you choose WEurope, it means that you have to garrison it more than usual.
    Manchuria is safe usually after two turns or so, while Novo for the Allies usually needs to be garrisoned later in the game … then you might consider pulling them back to Moscow and forfeiting some of their strategic options … in order to let them survive and keep some options at all :).

• I occassionally like JP bombers in SFE - just to annoy the US with bombing runs to ALA.

• '19 Moderator

With Germany it’s always Germany, I don’t like to garison WEU too heavy and adding bombers makes it more of an insentive for the allies to attack early.

With Britain and America, after the German navy is gone I move my bombers to russia for flexability.

The Japanese Bombers, I keep just behind the lines with my fighters.

With Russia… Nevermind…

• @dezrtfish:

With Germany it’s always Germany, I don’t like to garison WEU too heavy and adding bombers makes it more of an insentive for the allies to attack early.

With Britain and America, after the German navy is gone I move my bombers to russia for flexability.

The Japanese Bombers, I keep just behind the lines with my fighters.

With Russia… Nevermind…

i basicly do the same moves the only variant is sometimes with germany i move the bomber to africa to help keep the allies at bay. eventually sending it to the north to bomb russia or to help invade karelia or eventually moscow.

with the allies i like to stack bombers in UK to pound the german industry that usually gives you an edge while harrasing the german player.

• bmb’s in WEU are handy for sinking US trns . . . .

• CC:

just to annoy the US with bombing runs to ALA.

Do you strafe the forces (such as a single infantry) located there? Other than an iritant, not much would be gained here as the single inf. could shoot down the bomber. The odds here seems to be about a breakeven to me (without doing any calculations).

• There is little point to what you suggest.
    Occassionally it is kind of fun to take ALA and a bmb in SFE can help.

• CC: I get it, I didn’t understand this was intended to help an amphibious invasion of Alaska. Thought you were using just the bomber.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m