• As much as I hate to say it MLS pales in comparison to BPL. Not even close. But with that stuff available both MLS and BPL (I don’t remember ever watching soccer as a kid) you’re going to get more kids interested. Look at the turn outs for the USNMT in the qualifying matches, especially in towns with MLS teams. This stuff takes time.

• Are German Bundesliga or Spanish Primera Division matches available in US?

• @P@nther:

Are German Bundesliga or Spanish Primera Division matches available in US?

Not to my knowledge. The Barclay’s stuff is just available since that new NBC sports channel started about this time last year. There have been some other leagues on but I’m not particularly familiar with all the different ones.

But before the Barclay’s stuff was available I’d only watch US international matches like the World Cup or the Olympics. I think those being available are going to help push the game in the US a bit.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

beIN sports has the Spanish, Italian and French leagues, it’s not part of basic cable packages though. Part of the al Jazeera media empire from Qatar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeIN_Sports

• Customizer

@wittmann:

Bugger!

At least you get a new president and coach; we’ve stuck with the same worthless losers for another 4 years!

• Waddle said it: you have  been saying for 20 years how you are trying out a new crop of players and it takes time. Nothing changes. All excuses. Needs to change from the ground up.

I did like Prandelli. He was Fiorentina’s ex coach (my team from Florence). We were sad to see him go. He is an honest and honourable man. Unfortunately, he placed all his faith in one striker, Balotelli. He, I can not stand. Being an honourable man, Prandelli had fallen on his sword. I am sorry he has gone. It sounds like the Senatori, the older players, run the team anyway.
    Nice to hear from you though Flashman.
    Rik has died. Now that is a bigger shame. What a character. My idol as a youth.

• Thank god Mexico lost. No more of those flags on SUV’s. I wish only European nations are left.

• '19 '18

The Knockout stage was awesome so far.

Chile - Brasil was one of the best games in the world cup so far, if not the best. It just had everything.

Colombia - Uruguay had the best goal of the tourney so far. Excellent display from Colombia, I expected them to win.

Netherlands - Mexico was very intense. Too bad Mexico didn’t survive the last minutes =(

Costa Rica - Greece made up for the lack of quality with huge effort, passion and fighting spirit. Very intense again.

Tonight we Germans join the quarter-finals :-)

• Robben is a cheat though. I really like Holland and would love to see them win their first WC, but why do all teams always have one Arsehole.

• '19 '18

Who is the one in the German team? :-)

Robben was denied a clear penalty earlier, though. That’s not an excuse for his acting skills later on, but overall it’s basically justice

• Customizer

German cheat is Muller: over-reaction to get Pepe sent off.

Wittman, England will never be any good as we will always appoint coaches who are yes-men for the decrepit FA committee.

Hodgson failed to do the honorable thing, even after deciding he could beat Italy and Uruguay with just 2 in midfield. I found his comment about not being used as a “scapegoat” for the failure of his own tactics downright offensive.

However I abandoned supporting England many years ago. I will only ever get emotionally involved when there is a Northumbrian Atheist Republic team.

• Good luck with that one!
    I know some  who feel like you about England. I love football too much to abandon it and Italy though.

• Advanced!

• My internet’s been out due to a freak lightning strike.  :roll:

But I’ve been catching the games where and when I can. Man! We’ve had some good games, some controversial ones, and some crazy finishes. I will be catching most of the US game tomorrow and I’m hoping that we advance. Should be a fun game though and US has already met my expectations for this WC after drawing a group with Ghana, Germany, and Portugal.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Good try by our team, but they gave Belgium to many chances to score. What a game by Tim Howard! :-D

• I am sorry for you guys, but Belgium were better. Fantastic goalkeeping display, I agree.
    Argentina weren’t great, so let’s hope Belgium can knock them out.
    So much good football at this World Cup. I am so happy I can get to see so much of it.

• '19 '18

Everyone is talking about how fantastic Tim Howard was.

He did get hold of a lot of shots, true. But only very, very few of them were really hard to catch. Most of them were shot or headed directly onto him.

Amazing display from Belgium, exactly what I expected. I think they will beat Argentina as well. Sorry for the US Team. It was a good thing for soccer generally, that the US paid so much attention to the sport.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

There is no question who was the better team, and Belgium proved that. Good luck to all remaining teams. :-)

• I think the Germans should have played the Belgium Team and the US should have played Algeria, in this case both ,the US and German Team would have advanced!..Now Germany’s chances shrunk to a minimum to get into semi finals… :-(

• Germany with the win and they advance. I’m calling Colombia over Brazil.  :evil:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m