• My 4 year old rang me up at work to say her favourite tank was a King Tiger.
    She then asked me what mine was. Mummy had already been asked and said she did not have one.
    Have I trained my little one properly? How long before I introduce her to 1941?
    She already plays Carcassonne.

My wife does want to go to a Spitfire Flypast this Saturday.
    Maddy will be accompanying us!

• You have every reason to be proud of her – not just for having a favourite tank in and of itself (unlike her mother, who has none), but also for choosing such an impressive fighting machine as the Tiger II.  I doubt that I even knew what a tank was at her age, so I’m impressed.

Are you familiar with the Japanese anime television series “Girls und Panzer”?  Maddy might find it interesting.

• Evening Marc. I will look it up tomorrow.
    She is such a daddy’s girl; it is a pleasure.

My wife is desperate to see a Spit fly by though. We went last year, but it was a no show because of fog(in England?) over the airfield from which it was due to take off.
    Let’s hope this year she sees one.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Wow Wittman, that is impressive that your daughter knows the type of tank she likes.

It must be cool to see those flybys. I hope your family gets to see that. Enjoy, yourselves. Post a picture, that would be so cool! :-)

• Based on my (close as I can get to checking them out personally) gaming experience:

M18 Hellcat
    Panzer V Panther

• Thanks for your choice  Jermofoot. We are lucky to be three hours from the  world’s best tank museum (and France). I have,therefore, seen many up close. Maddy has only seen them in books.
    I mean to change that.

Unfortunately, however, the Spitfire visit is off. My wife thinks the flyby  is too close to when I have to be at work and she asked Maddy and she said she would rather go to a science museum.
    I am losing her!
    I am afraid there will be no pics then John Brown.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@wittmann:

Thanks for your choice  Jermofoot. We are lucky to be three hours from the  world’s best tank museum (and France). I have,therefore, seen many up close. Maddy has only seen them in books.
    I mean to change that.

Unfortunately, however, the Spitfire visit is off. My wife thinks the flyby  is too close to when I have to be at work and she asked Maddy and she said she would rather go to a science museum.
    I am losing her!
    I am afraid there will be no pics then John Brown.

No problem, my friend. Sorry you will miss the flyby.

• Customizer

Battle of Britain flight used to fly over our old house all the time, as we were on a flightpath from Elvington Air Museum.

Say hi to tankgirl from me.

• That is fab.
    I did not realise about Elvington. I just looked it up. Looks like we might have to visit York again! Thanks Flashman.
    It was Al who wanted to see the Spit flyby last year. I have been to Duxford at least twice as an adult and cannot remember how many times as a child.(Grandad was stationed  there for a while during the war.)

• That is one awesome dad moment.

• I was at work, so when my phone went I thought it as Al to say Maddy was being naughty and would I talk to her. Great surprise!

I have since learnt that both a Spit and Hurricane made that Flypast at Berrington Hall(Herefordshire).
    Grr!

• One of my sons was dogfighting with a Wildcat and Zero the other day. We talked about each planes strength and weaknesses.

• @ABWorsham:

One of my sons was dogfighting with a Wildcat and Zero the other day. We talked about each planes strength and weaknesses.

That must have been enjoyable.  How old the little guy?  The next time he’s playing this game, have a follow-up training session in which you discuss the Thatch Weave.  :-D

Seriously, though, here’s a movie your kid would probably enjoy: Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag.  It was originally an IMAX documentary (which I saw at the National Air and Space Museum), but it’s available on DVD.  The F-15 pilot who’s the central character fondly recalls his grandfather, who flew a Corsair fighter in the Pacific during WWII.

• My family and I went to a outdoor swimming pool yesterday.
    We have very good weather right now here in S.-Germany. All of a sudden I heared this remarkabel sound of a three-mot. so I looked up.
    And there she was, an old Tante Ju with three blue stripes as her markings, beautiful.
    I told my son: look up, there is a JU 52.
    She made two rounds and took off westward. The Piper wich came along next looked like a crane fly compared to her.

• Wow a JU52 still flying. You are a lucky man.

• @wittmann:

Wow a JU52 still flying. You are a lucky man.

BMW motors/engines indestructible! :-D

Actually there still a few more out there. You can buy a roundtrip (40 mins. I think) for like 220 Euros +7,50 € Airtraffic Taxes.

• Really? I think I am happy to hear one fly by though!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m