• Hey,
    I ordered Global War 1939 from HBG and I am completely happy with the board. The territories are big enough and am a huge fan of the additional territories to Russia and North Africa. The only gripe I have is that Japan is colored yellow instead of the more recognizable orange. Also the UK keeps changing colors but thats neither here nor there. Just to be fair I am using the D6 system that “Jeremy” from Field Marshal Games has created and the setup which he put a lot of work into.
    The setup is great! I love it… Thank you so much “Jeremy!”

Having said all that: Is Japan too Strong?
    They make 40 IPCs a turn and can pretty much boss China around. The 20ipc Non-Aggression pact with Russia makes it so an invasion is unlikely from that area, and all the British and ANZAC forces can do is but pester the Japanese. Once the US gets in the war (only around turn 5-7) Japan (in our games) seems to make around 70 ipcs. They take all of China (+12) at least 2 of the DEI’s (+8) Hong Kong and French Indo-China (+6) and anything else they can grab. To my estimation that’s around 65 and 70. I can’t give you exact buys, but by then the Japanese can land around 10-12 guys in Asia, and can build a fleet to match the US. Any ideas on how to stop this, or (most likely) are we playing the game wrong?
    Any help would be help-ful  :-)
    Thanks, Freddy

• @Freddy:

Hey,
    I ordered Global War 1939 from HBG and I am completely happy with the board. The territories are big enough and am a huge fan of the additional territories to Russia and North Africa. The only gripe I have is that Japan is colored yellow instead of the more recognizable orange. Also the UK keeps changing colors but thats neither here nor there. Just to be fair I am using the D6 system that “Jeremy” from Field Marshal Games has created and the setup which he put a lot of work into.
    The setup is great! I love it… Thank you so much “Jeremy!”

Having said all that: Is Japan too Strong?
    They make 40 IPCs a turn and can pretty much boss China around. The 20ipc Non-Aggression pact with Russia makes it so an invasion is unlikely from that area, and all the British and ANZAC forces can do is but pester the Japanese. Once the US gets in the war (only around turn 5-7) Japan (in our games) seems to make around 70 ipcs. They take all of China (+12) at least 2 of the DEI’s (+8) Hong Kong and French Indo-China (+6) and anything else they can grab. To my estimation that’s around 65 and 70. I can’t give you exact buys, but by then the Japanese can land around 10-12 guys in Asia, and can build a fleet to match the US. Any ideas on how to stop this, or (most likely) are we playing the game wrong?
    Any help would be help-ful  :-)
    Thanks, Freddy

I’ve heard this is pretty common in 1939.

IMO the best way to solve this is to split Japan into 2 different economies.

One economy would use all of the IPCs in the Pacific, and the other would use all the IPCs on the mainland.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m