• And then the counter…

Russia buys the FIGs…

He is then weak SOMEWHERE, and has no reserves.

You can;t use the typical West Russia Stack open… doing so leaves Caucuses to be taken on G1… and the “territory trading” becomes Caucuses instead of Ukraine or some other German territory.  That means the GERMANS are the ones up 4 IPC’s each round, and Russia doggedly trying to get them back so they can just stay even on revenue.

And if you are trading Caucuses… that extra FIG, and all the others, will eventually succumb to AA fire…

• I haven’t had trouble yet, but my opponent is using an alternative German opening. So it’s hard to tell if the opening word work under normal situations.

• I’d say one fighter is good enough.  I mean with one fighter you don’t have 4 infantry on the board, but in an 8 round game that fighter should hit something 6-7 times.  7x3 is 21, that’s a lot of power over time.

• oops my bad I meant 2 infantry and an art…

• If you pull back hard in Asia to replace the troops not built in Russia on R1 (your land forces are almost certainly going to Caucuses) then you can probably get away with 1 FIG, AND even make it work to your advantage…

TWO FIGs… I am going to drive HARD as Germany to grab Russia IPC’s and make sure that those “missing” INF NEVER get built, and allow for a massive and rapid press on Russia when she lacks INF to block me, and to eat up defensive fire on her counter-attacks.  Add in some good use of certain AA guns…

• it is not a goofy opener, just a bit extreme.

• 2007 AAR League

i dunno, 2 figs is pretty risky

• i guess it depends on how quickly you can expect help from the uk (and usa) , i can see one fig and have been considering doing that next time i pull russia (work schedules SO get in the way of quality gaming time don’t they?) but two figs is a little to out there for me

• 2007 AAR League

you can follow this strat in the games fourm under bebovstrigger, trigger is actually trying this opener and has pushed the jap forces back to china

• Well, after two rounds I’vel ost a ton of land with this opener. But the FIGs allow me to reinforce any territory I think is in danger.

• Nice, I’ll go check the game out right away!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m