More painted pieces for consideration

• @mentok27:

I’m thinking of getting some extras of the axis minors and doing sets for Croatia and Slovakia… Long term they will be fully painted but in the short term I need to pick some national colors for the pieces.

Essentially all the current hbg colors are claimed more or less as hbg market them.

Any ideas? I don’t have any game to actually play with them on but the hobby aspect of painting them is the draw for me.

were you looking for some historical accuracy with your painting for the Slovaks and kroats? or just a solid color? below are a few paint camos I found for some of the Slovak and kroat airforce

109croatia.jpg
    109croatia2.jpg

• 109croatia3.jpg
    109solvaki.jpg

• 109solvaki3.jpg
    ju87croatia.jpg

• ju87croatia2.jpg
    ju87slovaki.jpg

• he111solvaki.jpg

• Customizer

Those are nice and helpfull plates but for the immediate time I’m thinking flat colour. Eventually the piece will be fully painted with only the base of infantry and spot colour on the armor and aircraft that will tie them back to the national colour….

Spanish Republic is plum but other shades of purple are open and I reckon there’s another shade of blue I could use.  Anyway… Was just wondering if anyone else has given the subject some thought

• Have a global game scheduled for this whole weekend and cant wait! had to paint up some of the Anzac air units for the war, found historical schemes for the boomerang fighters and the Bristol beaufort tactical.  The PV-2 bomber was just a improvised camo scheme…if anyone has any info on Australian bombers during the war and their colors please let me know…

anzac air.jpg
    anzac air2.jpg

• ….

anzac air3.jpg

• Also continued on the German Luftwaffe, adding some fw190’s…I ordered the HBG versions and liked the paint jobs by others on the site, but ended up liking the cleaness and size of the A&A OOB version…

fw190aa.jpg
    fw190aa3.JPG

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Man those are very nice. Great job on all those. If you go to boardgamegeek.com and look up the 1940 pacific game, allworkandnoclay has pictures of his Australian forces. He, himself has his own website, but I don’t know the name of it. It might be under his same name here. It is a flickr account, I believe.

I hope that helps!

John

• '16 Customizer

@John:

It is a flickr account, I believe.

I hope that helps!

John

Here’s the link to Allworkandnoclay’s pieces. https://www.flickr.com/photos/allworkandnoclay/sets/

@Spitfire38:

@John:

It is a flickr account, I believe.

I hope that helps!

John

Here’s the link to Allworkandnoclay’s pieces. https://www.flickr.com/photos/allworkandnoclay/sets/

Thank you, buddy! :-D

• '16 Customizer

No problem - I have it bookmarked for obvious reasons :)

Also, those Boomerangs look sweet! Where did you get your sources Jwo?

And what’s your storage solution for all of these, especially the planes? I’m always on the lookout for innovative ideas to copy!

• '14 Customizer

@jwo1984:

@John:

I don’t think there is a Me262 being made on the Axis Minor 2 set. I just looked it up, and it isn’t on there.

Jwo, where did you see this?

John brown you are right, I was mixing up the sets. axis minors have no me262, I was thinking about the kickstarter game HBG is putting out called Amerika. � Don’t know if any of you looked into this game but the custom pieces they have coming look nothing short of deadly awesome. � Below is the German set for Amerika with the me262

I am definitely looking forward to this set for Heavy tanks, jets, SPA, new inf, etc…Japan will finally have an SPA that doesn’t look like a tank. Also they have the T28 tank as well as the meteor jet, Gotha, Horton and more of the Kikka from the Japan expansion set. I was originally interested in this set because it was the only place I could find a Meteor jet. Doug at HBG said they would release in about 7 weeks. The UK set is 4 weeks away so it looks like Sept and Oct will be booked for painting, :)

I am definitely looking forward to this set for Heavy tanks, jets, SPA, new inf, etc…Japan will finally have an SPA that doesn’t look like a tank. Also they have the T28 tank as well as the meteor jet, Gotha, Horton and more of the Kikka from the Japan expansion set. I was originally interested in this set because it was the only place I could find a Meteor jet. Doug at HBG said they would release in about 7 weeks. The UK set is 4 weeks away so it looks like Sept and Oct will be booked for painting, Smiley

Yes, it will be exciting, the more pieces we get, the better it will be. Did you see my Japanese Navy, Spitfire36 did for me on his first page of my set, he is doing for me?

If you haven’t check it out. :-)

• Cyanight, yes these pieces are gonna be unreal to have. I bought the game HBG created these pieces for Amerika which has been heavily delayed unfortunately. I can’t wait to paint these German stealth bombers. Have you checked out there American forces expansion set? They have he b24 liberator bomber and p47 jug fighter bomber which looks exciting !

• '14 Customizer

Yes John I have been following Spitfire’s painting of your pics.  Very good job.  I love to see the variation between painters.

JWO - I just pre-ordered the US set yesterday when it opened up.  Looking forward to the French and Axis set as well.  I wish HBG was faster at making these available.  Cant wait to see how you will paint the sets as well as others.  I already know how I’m painting my Gotha though (hint- look at my avatar) :)

• @Spitfire38:

No problem - I have it bookmarked for obvious reasons :)

Also, those Boomerangs look sweet! Where did you get your sources Jwo?

And what’s your storage solution for all of these, especially the planes? I’m always on the lookout for innovative ideas to copy!

hey spitefire, thanks the boomerangs were fun too paint.  I got my sources from a sweet database site that has every squadron of every type of fighter bomber or transport used in ww2 ww1, called Wings Palette http://wp.scn.ru/

bellow are some of the schemes I had painted.  Storage solution is still in the contemplating stages.  I have seen guys on here use big fishing tackle boxes for there units which I think I might use as well, dividing up the different types of pieces.  Do you use anything special, or John Brown??

boomerang3.jpg
    boomerang6.jpg

• boomerang8.jpg
    boomerang2.jpg

• @cyanight:

Yes John I have been following Spitfire’s painting of your pics.  Very good job.  I love to see the variation between painters.Â

JWO - I just pre-ordered the US set yesterday when it opened up.  Looking forward to the French and Axis set as well.  I wish HBG was faster at making these available.  Cant wait to see how you will paint the sets as well as others.  I already know how I’m painting my Gotha though (hint- look at my avatar) :)

Ahh yes Vive la French! those will be fun too paint as well.  Do you play HBG global? I only play A&A so far so I will never get too see like a painted Jean Bart French battleship, or any of the cool med tanks fighters and bombers.  Cant wait for the axis minor set too, finally a panther tank with some detail, I dislike the OOB panthers, and replaced them all with HBG tigers, panzer IV, III, II’s, stugs, and the hummels.  I like that the America set has a Sherman tank with the  76 mm barrel on it as well, rather than the short flame thrower barrel HBG Sherman tank has currently.  In fact I wanted a 76 mm barrel so bad I cut off a t34 barrel off one of the Russian tanks and attached it too one of the HBG Sherman flame thrower tanks.  I think you can see it in one of my pics earlier in this thread.

Also I saw your magnetic Chinese infantry and artillery! very cool.  Any chance you’d showcase more of your painted units cyanight?? unless you have another thread I have missed?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m