More painted pieces for consideration

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@jwo1984:

yes…I guess the Italian battleship is a FMG product, which had some great details to brush in, and they are on the HBG website. The Lexington carrier is the wasp class from OOB but I just modified it too try and give it that big distinct centre stack, and cut off the head of a US cruiser for the bridge of the ship.  The radar antennas and cables and all that I scratch built.

Yeah, the Lexington was the biggest surprise that I saw. It looked like a mixture of homemade and purpose molded, so I wasn’t sure where that came from. But very nice job crafting it.

• hey Lhoffman, I looked back and saw your custom pieces, and they are very well painted.  your precision with decals, and deck lines bravo!  I saw you painted the HBG me 262’s, and hats off too you.  I ordered a few but man were they ever small…I never ended up doing them, but after seeing how nice yours turned out you may have inspired me too try.  Although HBG has that axis minor set coming out with a new me262, and I might just wait for those.

@jwo1984:

hey Lhoffman, I looked back and saw your custom pieces, and they are very well painted.  your precision with decals, and deck lines bravo!  I saw you painted the HBG me 262’s, and hats off too you.  I ordered a few but man were they ever small…I never ended up doing them, but after seeing how nice yours turned out you may have inspired me too try.  Although HBG has that axis minor set coming out with a new me262, and I might just wait for those.

Thanks JWO. Glad you got something from them. Many times I will copy pictures of some painted examples that others have done and apply some of those elements to my own. I have my own little library of images set up and I will be adding some of yours to it.

The size of the pieces has never been an issue for me. I more often have problems with the paint schemes I am doing. Although the smallest of decals are usually troublesome. Didn’t realize there was a new Me262 coming out. I will look that up.

I don’t think there is a Me262 being made on the Axis Minor 2 set. I just looked it up, and it isn’t on there.

Jwo, where did you see this?

• Customizer

jwo1984 & others,

@jwo1984:

hey Lhoffman, I looked back and saw your custom pieces, and they are very well painted.  your precision with decals, and deck lines bravo!  I saw you painted the HBG me 262’s, and hats off too you.  I ordered a few but man were they ever small…I never ended up doing them, but after seeing how nice yours turned out you may have inspired me too try.  Although HBG has that axis minor set coming out with a new me262, and I might just wait for those.

––Please let me jump in here and toot “LHoffman’s” horn since he is too modest to do so himself. The paint/decal work that he did on my German Luftwaffe was simply AMAZING! The tiniest of details like cockpit framing are not only there,…but very straight and correct!
    ––He absolutely deserves loads of applause for his work. Thanks again, Lucas.
    ----BTW, have you watched those DVD movies I sent you yet?

Tall Paul

• Customizer

John,

@John:

I don’t think there is a Me262 being made on the Axis Minor 2 set. I just looked it up, and it isn’t on there.

––The ME-262 Jet Fighters were included in HBG’s German Expansion Set and are also available separately from HBG.

Tall Paul

1_group_b.png
    plane5.png

@Tall:

John,

@John:

––The ME-262 Jet Fighters were included in HBG’s German Expansion Set and are also available separately from HBG.

Tall Paul

He was talking about the new German set.

He has the expansion set Me 262’s, but he thought the new set was going to have them, but the new set does not show the Me 262 jetfighters that were in the expansion set. :wink:

• @John:

John brown you are right, I was mixing up the sets. axis minors have no me262, I was thinking about the kickstarter game HBG is putting out called Amerika.  Don’t know if any of you looked into this game but the custom pieces they have coming look nothing short of deadly awesome.  Below is the German set for Amerika with the me262

me262c.png

• Lhoffman, calling you out again sorry seems your work is just too popular :wink: I really liked your f4 wild cats that you painted.  since you are into historically accuracy for your pieces have you ever used or checked out this site:

http://wp.scn.ru/

its called “wings palette” and has virtually every paint scheme for every squadron of all countries involved in the war for there planes! an amazing site.  I have used paint schemes for all my wildcats, in fact when HBG didn’t have any wildcats in stock I went out on ebay to buy Guadalcanal so I could have tons for the pacific! (I also wanted to try playing Guad as well)

• here are some of my wildcats with paint schemes attempted too match the references…

wc7.JPG
    f4wildcat4.jpg

• wc5.JPG
    hellcat3.jpg

• wc9.JPG
    hellcat5.jpg

• wc2.JPG
    hellcat4.jpg

• wc.JPG
    wc3.JPG

• wc4.JPG

@Tall:

––BTW, have you watched those DVD movies I sent you yet?

Tall Paul

I certainly have and greatly enjoyed them both. Best thing about movies is that you can enjoy them over and over again. Thanks again.

@jwo1984:

Lhoffman, calling you out again sorry seems your work is just too popular :wink: I really liked your f4 wild cats that you painted.  since you are into historically accuracy for your pieces have you ever used or checked out this site:

http://wp.scn.ru/

its called “wings palette” and has virtually every paint scheme for every squadron of all countries involved in the war for there planes! an amazing site.

Thanks JWO…. and no, I have never seen this site before. It looks like it has a massive amount of information on it. Which is great.

While I do focus on historical accuracy, I tend to focus more on general schemes that I like rather than ones that are specific to one squadron or another. However, there are some specific ones that I may like too, so this is a very helpful resource. Thanks for sharing!

@jwo1984:

@John:

John brown you are right, I was mixing up the sets. axis minors have no me262, I was thinking about the kickstarter game HBG is putting out called Amerika.  Don’t know if any of you looked into this game but the custom pieces they have coming look nothing short of deadly awesome.  Below is the German set for Amerika with the me262

Thanks buddy, I knew I wasn’t going crazy just let, LOL!

Great job on planes and carriers. They are sweet.

You need to check out Spitfires German Navy, he just did on his thread.

Nice job man! :-D

• Customizer

jwo1984,

@jwo1984:

here are some of my wildcats with paint schemes attempted too match the references…

––NICE WORK on your F-4F “Wildcat’s”.

Tall Paul

• @Tall:

jwo1984,

@jwo1984:

here are some of my wildcats with paint schemes attempted too match the references…

––NICE WORK on your F-4F “Wildcat’s”.

Tall Paul

are they suppose too be “F6F hellcats” or “F4F wildcat” replicas for A&A Tall Paul??  the “wild cat” was used too start the air war at Guadalcanal in the summer of 42, which is were I think the boardgame picks up…?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m