• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

On the 1940 Europe 2nd Edition Map on either SZ 105 0r 110 by England and Normandy, how many planes can scramble o either of those sea zones and can both French and British fighters or Tacs scramble at the same time, since they are allies?

Do you decide which nation loses their planes first on each battle?

Example: Say one German plane was lost and one for the Allies as well, can I decide to lose the French fighter, instead of my spitfires?

To help there are 2 British FTRs and 1 French FTR in the United Kingdom. There is one British FTR in Scotland. There is one French FTR in France and 1 FTR in Gibraltar.

I think that is all the Allied fighters that can reach those sea zones, but I’m assuming the one on Gibraltar you can’t scramble because it is not on an airbase?

Is this right?

Thanks for all responses! :-)

John

i

• Morning John Brown.
    Allies can be scrambled in the other’s country and the defender would choose who dies first, as usual.
    France(Paris) cannot scramble though, as it does not have a coastline.
    None of the plane you mention can scramble into SZ105 either, as none of them border it with an Air Base. For the same reason, you are right, Gibraltar has no AB at the moment.

SZ110 can scramble 1French and 2 UK Fts.
    Scotland could sramble to SZ111(by itself) or into SZ109(the Bristol Channel, where the Destroyer and Transport begin the game).
    If SZ109 were attacked, you could, therefore, scramble 4 Fts if you wished.

I hope that us all your questions answered. Please say if not.

@wittmann:

Morning John Brown.
    Allies can be scrambled in the other’s country and the defender would choose who dies first, as usual.
    France(Paris) cannot scramble though, as it does not have a coastline.
    None of the plane you mention can scramble into SZ105 either, as none of them border it with an Air Base. For the same reason, you are right, Gibraltar has no AB at the moment.

SZ110 can scramble 1French and 2 UK Fts.
    Scotland could sramble to SZ111(by itself) or into SZ109(the Bristol Channel, where the Destroyer and Transport begin the game).
    If SZ106 were attacked, you could, therefore, scramble 4 Fts if you wished.

I hope that us all your questions answered. Please say if not.

Thanks Wittman, that answer’s everything. I appreciate the help. :-)

• Official Q&A

Note that if the allied air units are controlled by a different player, the decision whether to scramble those units is made by that player.  As with any battle involving multiple defending players, they must decide upon casualties among themselves, and if they can’t decide the attacker chooses.

Also, such air units may only be scrambled if that ally is at war with the attacker.

@Krieghund:

Note that if the allied air units are controlled by a different player, the decision whether to scramble those units is made by that player.  As with any battle involving multiple defending players, they must decide upon casualties among themselves, and if they can’t decide the attacker chooses.

Also, such air units may only be scrambled if that ally is at war with the attacker.

I see, thank you so much! :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m