Call of Duty United Offensive

• Its my favorite game … I moved on to playing it from getting burnt out on Medal of Honor.

• A fantastic game - leaps and bounds beyond MOH.  I’m looking forward to the second release.

• this is as far as i am concerned the best WWII game ever ( in a video game format, we all know what the real best WWII game is otherwise we wouldn’t be here). the graphics are amazing, playability i flawless, and the sourrounding environment sucks you in. this game will consume me like MOH never could.

• For an FPS WW2 game, Call of Duty is definitely the king of games.
    But for a strategy WW2 game (computer, not board), I’d have to give the honor to Close Combat.  That was a great series…

• close combat was great, i still play my old copy of it on my mac. in a game like that you don’t need graphics or anything fancy, you just need a good mind for tactics. Good stuff, i think ill play a game of it now.
    ps, i played the new call of duty tonight for the first time on xbox 360, WOW, it is amazing, at one point i got run over by a Panzer II, how cool is that!

• It looks good on 360, but even better on a stacked PC (if you can afford it).  I was impressed by how well the tanks operated in the PC version, so I know what you mean.
    Let me know how the US levels are, will ya?

• the US levels are pretty damn cool I love the springfeild, finally a game that did that rifle justice!!! it mixs it up some, like the brits, some tanks some infrantry, all in all good stuff. i have been playing it on xbox live alot, thats real fun, havnt found a sniper to match me yet, im sure people hate me for that, but oh well :lol:

• Why dont you just get call of duty 2 , this game is much better than that add on.

• As it should be.
    But I don’t even own the first.
    Thank you, TechGod, for bestowing internet cafés upon us!

• (in a brit voice) my god man you dont own it???!!!???/ i know it isnt cheap but this is one of those games that is worth buying anyway.

• Actually, planning on getting a laptop, and CoD is one of those reasons.  That and Battlefield 2.
    Do you ever play multiplayer?  I found that pretty fun, but haven’t played the 2nd enough to be used to it.

• Be prepared to buy a high end video card for call of duty two. That game used  6 disks and its awesome! best game i ever played. wow!

• @Jermofoot:

Actually, planning on getting a laptop, and CoD is one of those reasons.  That and Battlefield 2.
    Do you ever play multiplayer?  I found that pretty fun, but haven’t played the 2nd enough to be used to it.

if that question was directed at me then yes, i play call of duty 2 on Xbox live, things like capture the flag, take over bases, kill count, team kill count. good times. only once now have i found a better sniper than me, or at least equal. we hunted eachother for 3 hours the other night, i got him 4 times he got me 5. pretty close there were about 30 other people playing aorund us too, but we all had an agreement, 1 sniper per team, and only another sinper can kill a sniper (that dosnt mean a sniper cant kill anyone else, i had  over 300 kills by the end, 234 of them were head shots. go me!!!

• damm i hate snippers. I allways get them with my mp 44 while they look into the sights. I am one of those “hoppers” mamma warned you about.

• Yeah, I don’t snipe too much.  I know how it may be gratifying for some, but I love charging into the fray and somehow managing to survive.
    I’m the type of guy who out-snipes a sniper without a sniper rifle….that or I knife you in the back.  Sometimes you pesky snipers just need a couple stabs, and then you really are nice guys!

• my experince in this game with other snipers is that they dont relocate, they find a spot and then kill a few people. it makes no sence. i take my shot, i get my kill then i am on the move again. some times i make my way around the whole map a few times before ever buying the farm. once and a while i will just get the shot gun and run like a bat out of hell blowing everybody away. and their is something t be said about running into a mob of enemys and comeing out clen on the other side. good training. i thank all those years spent playing MOH games, otherwise i wouldnt be able to surive 5 min with some of these on-line players.

• I was one of the best soldier of fortune II players. I love that MP5. damm thats a good steady gun… eventually everybody figured this out and they banished the gun from many maps. The worst were those RPG noobs just shooting off that damm big gun in crowds or that other gun that you merely lobbed the shot in and most everything was dead.

Another classic game was castle wolfenstein ( last version) where they had that flamethrower. simply amazing!

• Sniping can be difficult in any FPS…especially in BF2.  Relocating is definitely key - also making the best of your shots.

In BF2 the grenade launcher is called the “noob tube” because so many people use it for cheap shots.  Anyone can use it, but it gets crazy sometimes.  Part of it is the game itself.  I can’t tell you how many times I’ve run behind someone, shot them repeatedly, only to have them turn around and fire the grenade launcher at me POINT BLANK, where they survive and I do not.  I’m sorry, but if you are wounded, I’m at full health and you do that close enough for me to slap you in the face, and the end result is I’m dead and you are alive, then something is not right.  It can get frustating.  On the other hand, it can take quite a bit of skill to angle the shot and hit just right.  So it’s a double-edged sword.

• Hey when you get call of duty 2 post me your name. I am Imperious Leader so you wont have any trouble finding me. Ill look you up and we will kick some arse!

• @Imperious:

Hey when you get call of duty 2 post me your name. I am Imperious Leader so you wont have any trouble finding me. Ill look you up and we will kick some arse!

I’d love to! I’ll let you know!
    If you ever get on Battlefield 2, let me know and I’ll look you up.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m