• Hello all I’m teaching people how to play axis and allies in my home town at a local game shop in saint Joseph mo trying to get enough people involved to host an event here some time at galaxy games in saint Joseph any suggestions about how to go about this would help so far I supply everything to get people interests in the great game of AAA

• I’m not asking for anything I have what we need unless a lot of people want to play if I do set up a tournament is the a proper way to do this so it can be sanction one or is that a non factor I have also been a long time magic player and I know how wizards likes to saction things  so any help with this would be great

• '18 '17 '16

I’ve been to a number of tournaments/friendly game meet ups.

There really is no sanctioned tournament. My understanding is that GenCon in Indianapolis is the largest Axis & Allies tournament. We held a 2 day get together here in Tennessee back in February.

Just advertise and get the word out as best you can. Best of luck!

Also a few tournaments / meet ups that aren’t too far away, Spring Gathering in Cincinnati and Origins in Columbus, OH. Check out www.headlesshorseman2.com for more details.

• Thank you for the info

• Sponsor

Get the word out locally, host a friendly game or two, and just let it take on a life of it’s own.

• What game should I start first if I’m teaching. People to play 1941 is lame so I’m thinking spring 42 or spring 42 second edition or even revised any thoughts I thought global or AAA 50th would be too much for new people

• Customizer

I know 41 can be considered a poor game. It is however cheap enough almost anyone can buy it. It’s also simple. I’ve taught people to play with 41 and even that can seem daunting to them until they get 2-3 games in. So I have to say 41 is a good starter. Classic is good too probably better actually than 41.

It really depends on how experienced the player is with other games and their interest level. A&A is really a hobby almost more than a game. Overall if you really are opposed to using 41 I’d use Spring 42. I would not start with Global.

Lastly you can always start with a simple board and introduce units, rules etc. in stages and then throw them at global. I think baby steps are the key when introducing someone to the game, how fast they start running will be entirely up to them. You may even want to show them at least the three current versions of the game and say “we’ll start here…but this is where it leads to”.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m