Nation- (and City-) Specific Victory City Markers

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Excellent and superb job on these! You put a lot of work on these and it shows.:-D

• Customizer

Here’s another shot of the London marker on the actual board. I personally think it looks great.

Thank you again to all of those who helped me research and provided input for these markers. I hope to finish up the remaining cities so you all can have a complete set.

I hope to make these available for sale very soon!

• Customizer

Forgot the pic.

IMG_1212.JPG

@ossel:

Forgot the pic.

That is awesome! I can’t wait for these to grace my new metal map! :-D

Will these come in different colors?

• Customizer

@John:

@ossel:

Forgot the pic.

Unfortunately, it’s looking like white and clear (for detail plastic) will be the only colors available directly from Shapeways, however these should be fairly simple to paint. I’ll try to throw some paint on one of mine and see how it comes out.

@ossel:

@John:

@ossel:

Forgot the pic.

Unfortunately, it’s looking like white and clear (for detail plastic) will be the only colors available directly from Shapeways, however these should be fairly simple to paint. I’ll try to throw some paint on one of mine and see how it comes out.

OK, that would be cool! :-)

• '17 '15

WOW! They look so great. Really impressed that you are taking the extra step of ordering them in different types of material to find out which one will work the best for each model. Look forward to buying a set, must have for a Global 40 board.

• Thanks for the sample pictures!  Great to see these designs materializing as actual pieces that can be put on an actual game board. I agree with your assessment that, for capturing the fine details of the designs, the unpolished option is far better than the polished option and that the Detail Plastic material is far better than the Strong & Flexible Plastic.  So to me, the best high-detail combination would be unpolished Detail Plastic.  The higher cost of the Detail Plastic material would be well worth it, in my opinion, for players who want the nicest-looking pieces possible.  I’d leave mine unpainted, since I’m not a sculpt painter and since, frankly, I think the clear plastic looks quite attractive in its own right; it certainly gives the cities a distinctive look that is unlike any of the OOB sculpt colours, which highlights nicely their special status.  The single drawback to leaving them unpainted would be that the engraved city names on the base are visible from the top – but I don’t see this as being a serious enough issue that it would incite me to paint mine.  For the forum’s many sculpt-painters, this naturally won’t be a problem at all.

• the other question is how do i order a set?

• Customizer

@Yavid:

the other question is how do i order a set?

They will be available on Shapeways.com. For now, you’ll have to order each city individually.

So…A question for you all. Should I make the cities I’ve already uploaded available for sale now? Or should I wait until all of the minor cities are completed?

Thanks again to all of you for the interest and encouragement!

• @ossel:

So…A question for you all. Should I make the cities I’ve already uploaded available for sale now? Or should I wait until all of the minor cities are completed?

Personally I’m planning to wait until the whole set is ready before ordering them, but that doesn’t have to be the only option available.  Having the completed pieces available right away won’t prevent the people who want to order a whole set from waiting to order a whole set – but not having them available will prevent the people who want to order a partial set right away from ordering a partial set right away.  So the option which would satisfy everyone would be to make the completed pieces available now, in my opinion.

@CWO:

@ossel:

Personally I’m planning to wait until the whole set is ready before ordering them, but that doesn’t have to be the only option available.  Having the completed pieces available right away won’t prevent the people who want to order a whole set from waiting to order a whole set – but not having them available will prevent the people who want to order a partial set right away from ordering a partial set right away.  So the option which would satisfy everyone would be to make the completed pieces available now, in my opinion.

I have to agree with CWO Marc. You always want to have options in sales. I plan on getting a whole set, but the next person, may not want the whole set, so I would make them available now. I hope that helps. :-)

John

• @John:

@CWO:

@ossel:

Personally I’m planning to wait until the whole set is ready before ordering them, but that doesn’t have to be the only option available.�  Having the completed pieces available right away won’t prevent the people who want to order a whole set from waiting to order a whole set – but not having them available will prevent the people who want to order a partial set right away from ordering a partial set right away.�  So the option which would satisfy everyone would be to make the completed pieces available now, in my opinion.

I have to agree with CWO Marc. You always want to have options in sales. I plan on getting a whole set, but the next person, may not want the whole set, so I would make them available now. I hope that helps. :-)

John

+1

• '14 Customizer

As soon as they are available I will buy them. I have the capital markers but would love to include the rest of the victory cities as well.  My group always get together on holy/Easter week.  I would love to include them this year.

• Customizer

@ossel:

**Ossel,
    ––First, thanks for your excellent work on these CAPITAL & VICTORY cities.
    ----Secondly, it’s an easy thing to ask your “Shapeways Designer” to offer these units in different groupings in order to best market them to the customers, us! He gets paid a portion of each sale so will be interested in maximizing the total sales.
    ----I personally would advise, even REQUEST, that you offer these units in the following ways:

COMPLETE SET---------All of the Capitals & Victory Cities.
    CAPITAL CITIES SET----All of the Capital Cities only.
    VICTORY CITIES SET----All of the Victory Cities only.
    INDIVIDUAL CITIES------Each City available separately.

----I think this would fill the needs/wants of all customers,…and would maximise your sales.
    ----Although I plan on ordering ALL of these units,…I also want to order a set of the Victory Cities ONLY as I’ve already got a set of Capital Cities that “Allworkandnoclay” has painted for me. I’m in the middle of getting some quality pics made of them, but you can ask “R DiStefano” and “Zhukov” as to how they look because we used them in our last two G-40 games.

Congrats on this well detailed, usefull project!
    Tall Paul**

• Customizer

I just went to Shapeways looking for the city markers. The only ones I could find were:
    Washington DC
    London
    Paris
    Berlin
    Rome
    Moscow
    Tokyo
    Honolulu

What happened to the other cities? I couldn’t even find Warsaw or San Francisco and I saw you already had markers for them.

Also, is there any progress on getting an entire set?

• '14 Customizer

Here is a link to the set I bought.

Contains the following pieces:
    Japanese Imperial Palace (12mm wide x 9mm long x 15mm tall)
    St. Basil’s Cathedral (Russia) (14.5mm wide x 12.5mm long x 18mm tall)
    German Reichstag Building (15mm wide x 14mm long x 8mm tall)
    United States Capitol Building (19mm wide x 9mm long x 9.5mm tall)
    Westminister Palace (United Kingdom) (21mm wide x 14mm long x 17mm tall)
    Collosseum of Rome (14mm wide x 13mm long x 8mm tall)
    Sydney Harbor Bridge (4mm wide x 20mm long x 7mm tall)
    Taj Mahal (17mm wide x 14mm tall)
    Eiffel Tower (9.4mm wide x 22mm tall)
    Arc de Triomphe (11mm wide x 6.4mm long x 11mm tall)

https://www.shapeways.com/product/9T9KAYHUD/capital-set-all-nations?li=user-profile&optionId=40394236

Where did you find Honolulu?

• '14 Customizer

Nevermind these are ebard’s models.

• @cyanight:

Nevermind these are ebard’s models.

has anyone here picked up any of ebards aircraft or ship models? if so how are they for detail and or painting? I was interested in some of his US carrier options. thanks

• '14 Customizer

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m