Welcome! If you're a returning member of the forums, please reset your password. If you don't receive an email within minutes, it means your account is listed under another, likely older, email address. Contact webmaster@axisandallies.org for help.

Amusing Disclaimer on a Military-Themed Game

• 2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 '14 Customizer '13 '12 '11 '10

I can’t recall the details, but I once read about an organization which hands out annual “awards” (similar to the Razzies) for the most ridiculous legal disclaimers to have appeared on merchandise.  The only examples I can remember are a disclaimer on an iron warning that it should not be used to iron clothes while people are wearing them, and the case of a bar somewhere on the American coast whose cocktail napkins show a little map of the shoreline along with a warning that the map is not to be used for navigational purposes.  Any doubts I may have had about the truth of these anecdotes were laid to rest this weekend when I opened up the second edition of Zulus on the Ramparts, by Victory Point Games, and found a small (5-inch x 5-inch) folded paper napkin inside which was stamped with the notice I’ve scanned and posted below.  The part saying “Use this Wipes-A-Lot to remove any residual soot from your counters” provided a perfectly sensible explanation of why a card-and-counter solitaire game would include a paper napkin…but have a look at what the rest of the stamped text says.  I’ve included a magnifiied view of the disclaimer for easier reading.

Disclaimer.jpg

• 2017 2016 2015 Organizer '14 Customizer '13 '12 '11 '10

I was thinking about getting that game and buying miniatures for it (to place on counters)

• Customizer

Welcome to the new forums! For security and technical reasons, we did not migrate your password. Therefore to get started, please reset your password. You may use your email address or username. Please note that your username is not your display name.

If you're having problems, please send an email to webmaster@axisandallies.org

T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games

Users

Topics

1.3m