• @CWO:

@Yavid:

do you have a link for “The War Game: World War 2” I want to check it out but can’t seem to find it.

http://www.thewargame.com/

that game looks awesome

• 2021 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 Customizer '13 '12 '11 '10

@Yavid:

@CWO:

@Yavid:

do you have a link for “The War Game: World War 2” I want to check it out but can’t seem to find it.

http://www.thewargame.com/

that game looks awesome

I have two copies of it.  Until Global 1940 came along, TWG’s game board was my favourite world gaming map, both in terms of its large size and of its overall appearance.  The sculpts have many positives, along with a few negatives.  On the positive side: they have the same level of detail as A&A OOB pieces and are made of the same kind of hard plastic; the scale of the ships is the same as A&A OOB (the destroyer piece being absolutely perfect in this regard) and the scale of the troop pieces is just a tiny bit larger; there are pieces for 8 player countries, including China and France; and there are some very cool units such as Me262 and two types of troops (plus a commander piece).  On the down side: the aircraft pieces and ground units are too big compared to A&A OOB, the colours and/or shades are noticeably different from A&A (France being the closest match); some of the pieces have parts which are too fragile and which bend or snap off too easily (the elite infantryman’s submachine gun, the aircraft propellers, and the artillery struts being particularly vulnerable); all the pieces are German in design, regardless of which nation they’re used for (which is great for Germany but annoying for everyone else); and the number of sculpts provided in the box (both in terms of numbers and of unit diversity) varies from country to country, with the US, the UK, Germany and Japan getting the most hardware, the USSR and Italy getting an intermediate allocation, and France and China getting almost nothing.  I recall some rumours that there were (supposedly) plans to produce a second edition with nation-specific sculpts, but this never seems to have materialized.

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

What about the old AA guns as light AA, 1 die roll, and the new ones as heavies, 2 die rolls?

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.6m