• U.S. has a fleet in the sea zone off the coast of Japan and will conduct an amphibious assault on it’s next turn. On Japan’s mobilize units phase, they place 1 cheap destroyer in each sea zone along japan’s coast to at least stop the bombardment. Is this a legitimate move?

• '17 '16

I think it is legitimate.

That is this kind of situation which explained mostly why cruisers and battleship can not walk and chew gum at the same time.

Whether you have a naval combat, whether give a support fire on an amphibious assault. Cannot do both.

• 16 IPC for 2 destroyers… may be better served buying 5 infantry to absorb the bombardment shots.

• It is legitimate Motley Dude.

• Customizer

@IKE:

16 IPC for 2 destroyers… may be better served buying 5 infantry to absorb the bombardment shots.

This would be my suggestion. The battleships can only fire once; even if they both hit you still have 3 defenders that you didn’t have before.

• '17 '16

@ossel:

@IKE:

16 IPC for 2 destroyers… may be better served buying 5 infantry to absorb the bombardment shots.Â

This would be my suggestion. The battleships can only fire once; even if they both hit you still have 3 defenders that you didn’t have before.

What would be your point break?
    With how many shore bombardment attack would you choose 2 DDs instead of 5 Infantries (or 4INf and 1 Art)?

• Customizer

@Baron:

@ossel:

@IKE:

16 IPC for 2 destroyers… may be better served buying 5 infantry to absorb the bombardment shots.�

What would be your point break?
    With how many shore bombardment attack would you choose 2 DDs instead of 5 Infantries (or 4INf and 1 Art)?

If you’re isolating this hypothetical to just this attack, I would say even if they were attacking with 5 battleships it would be beneficial to get the infantry. There’s always a chance that they will miss. The DD’s can’t participate in the land battle, so they are best case scenario saving you the number of hits the battleships could possibly roll.

• 9 battleships would kill on average 6 infantry. By buying 5 infantry, you’d be a man down compared to buying 2 destroyers, however you’d have 5 more infantry shooting in the first round, so your opponent would likely be 2 men down himself by round 2. So even against 9 battleships, you’re better off buying infantry.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m