• Hi all, I’m new to the game and I have a question about transport.

Non-combat move: is it legit to get a tank on a transport ship (move 1), move 2 steps with the transport ship, and finally get the tank in a hostile (occupied or not) area (move 2)?

Grtz from Belgium!

• Morning Boelske.
    I am afraid not. You cannot move to a territory, then board a Transport.
    You can only board a Transport if already adjacent to the SZ.
    When you disembark a unit, its turn is over(unless combat ensues).

Your question was about Non Combat too. You cannot move into a hostile territory in this phase. It must be in Combat.

• Ok thanks!

But what if the tank is placed in a zone adjacent to the transport ship, and you want to take the tank to a friendly zone? Can you move the tank onto the transport ship, make 2 moves with the ship and then move the tank on land again?

• Yes. Note that Infantry (and any other ground unit in other versions) can do this as well, because loading and unloading a transport are not considered the ground units’ movement. Also a transport may only unload into 1 territory/turn, so if the transport was carrying 2 ground units, they either have to both stay on the ship, one disembarks, or both disembark into the same territory. However, like wittmann said, unloading from a transport ends a units’ movement.

• To expand on this question;
    During the COMBAT move phase, if your infantry was adjacent to sz and loads transport, can the transport move to another sz to allow inf to disembark and initiate combat? Or is the transport move considered NON-COMBAT and thus making this impossible in the COMBAT phase?

• Yes you can. 
    You can only load a Transport in the Combat Move Phase if you are going to try and land amphibiously that turn.
    Otherwise, you load in Non Combat if you are just off loading into a friendly territory or ending your movement in a Friendly Sea Zone.
    It can move in either, but It is one or the other.

• Great, that resolves a long disputed aspect with my gaming group. Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m