• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

I just got a sample from the new Global Island Warfare Expansion and it is awesome.

My question to you guys at HBG is, is this going to be the final color and look of these pieces or will they be in the OOB colors of olive drab and dark green for the US and the pumpkin orange for the Japanese pieces?

I hope you can get them in the OOB colors because I would like them to match everything else we have for those countries. If this is going to be the new colors, it won’t be the end of the world, but it will take some getting used to.

Thank you guys for the free samples. The sculpt is amazing. Keep up the good work. :-)

John

• how did you get samples?

• lol sounds like I have some convincing to do with the wife.

@Yavid:

lol sounds like I have some convincing to do with the wife.

LOL, I just buy her pair of $50.00 shoes and that keeps her happy for a month. :-D

• @John:

@Yavid:

LOL, I just buy her pair of $50.00 shoes and that keeps her happy for a month. :-D

lol I just bought her a computer so I stand a chance.

@Yavid:

@John:

@Yavid:

lol I just bought her a computer so I stand a chance.

Yeah, you should be able to have a HBG shopping spree for that much.

When we first started dating, I told my wife from the very beginning, as along as I pay the bills, don’t ask questions.

I also told her if you want something, all you have to do is ask. Most of the time I will probably let her have what she wants, unless we are in the middle of life changing purchases. If that happens, I told her I wouldn’t spend money either. It has worked out perfectly ever since.

That was 12 years ago, LOL. :-D

• Customizer

John,

––The “Black Cats” were the nicknames for the Catilina PBY patrol bombers that were painted black and went out at night attacking the Japanese with torpedos and/or depth charges. Some had four(4) .50 cal. mgs mounted in their noses. It was quite a different role for these VERY SLOW, recon aircraft but theier crews were effective at being flying pirates. The next time we meet I’ll loan you a book or two about the “Black Cats” if you like.

“Tall Paul”

@Tall:

John,

––The “Black Cats” were the nicknames for the Catilina PBY patrol bombers that were painted black and went out at night attacking the Japanese with torpedos and/or depth charges. Some had four(4) .50 cal. mgs mounted in their noses. It was quite a different role for these VERY SLOW, recon aircraft but theier crews were effective at being flying pirates. The next time we meet I’ll loan you a book or two about the “Black Cats” if you like.

“Tall Paul”

Thanks Paul, I was just guessing! I knew it had to do something with the new set. I just took a shot in the dark with my guess, but it is good to know who they were and what they did. Thanks again for the info. :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m