• @rjpeters70:

@Amon-Sul:

Wrong.� We have not built a new nuclear weapon since 1991.

Ok imperfection of the old ones. It is more or less the same.

@rjpeters70:

@Amon-Sul:

I honestly don’t know what you mean by this.

U say that USA did not build and is not building new nukes since 1991. But the missiles that carry it are getting better and better, and I think that the nukes itself are improved, all though they are not new models. It is logical for me that after 23 years, they have greater precision, destruction power and speed.

@rjpeters70:

@Amon-Sul:

Man there was hot line between Moscow and some other states because of this. USA was pushing it constantly. It was a defeat of USA foreign policy, since even Obama was when elected at the stand that the facilities in Poland and Czech Republic will be built. Not to mention the boy Bush.

I honestly don’t comprehend what you’re trying to say here.

I am trying to say that putting a shield in Poland is putting a finger in the eye to Russia and that Russia was planing to put Iskander missiles to Kaliningrad, stack EUropean borders with nukes, and nullify the treaties that reduce conventional army and weapons limit in Europe.

If that is not something (for EUrope) to be worried about, than I do not know what is.

USA did not withdrew the Poland shield project because of nothing, Russian pressure forced them to withdraw this bad idea.

. U have any right to counter my views and thoughts with Urs in a civilized way. I do not have problem with that. And i appreciate for all the information here U gave me.

We both agreed that the power which is able to have nukes with limited radius (and U say that many have it) and which would be able to build a anti balistic missile system that could destroy other powers offensive BM capacities, could indeed start a preemptive nuclear strike with limited wideness without worrying about getting a few nukes in the ass.

That how it is more or less irrelevant does USA has 1000 nukes or 3000. The same thing for Russia.

The thing is that if any power (in this case USA) develops technology that can take other powers BM-s down, then it is a strategic offensive advantage for that power either it has more or less then 500 or 1000 nukes.

So the withdrawal from the anti-BM treaty in 2002 is far severe then anything else, and that is my opinion and not just mine.

Building better nukes for USA means nothing, if Russia has so many powerful nukes which can strike. USA nukes can be 3 times better, but the thing is that Russian ones are so good that can destroy life on Earth without problems.

But if U develop a defensive system against enemy BM-s, then it is a totally different story. And that is what I am thinking that USA is doing. And as I said, not just me.

Well, Mossad is the best secret service in the world. CIA is the widest in range, it operates almost everywhere and CIA has so much exp in Iran, Asia, Latin America etc. CIA plans for years and decades in front. So does the Pentagon and the State Department. Just read Brzezinski for example.

USA is the world super power so dominant, that nobody since the time of the Roman Empire had such dominance.

U re n.1 in politics, economy, diplomatics, sport, U have the best universities, best hospitals, engineers, research and development centers, navy, air force, think thanks, lobbies, cinema, music.

U simply dominate. China will surpass USA in the economy field, but who knows when.

Russia is the only country, together with China that can compete U in military and sport.

And as for NGOs. Why do U think Putin has put them on strict check, to give information about money they receive, their donors, place of origin, connections with other states etc. Because they are often spies who seek their own agenda which is not in the interests of the country in which they act. USA spends billions of dollars funding various NGO-s all over the globe. So does Saudi Arabia and Turkey. This 2 countries are financing islamic radicals via this NGO-s.

We are in a time when wars are done by cyber ways, by media, by propaganda and  not just by fists and swords like in good old days. Far from it that other countries do not have their NGO-s and their agenda which they are trying to spread globally. But USA, as the only world super power, is n.1 here without a competition.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

@Amon-Sul:

I am not anti-American. I just try to be fair and honest. Double standards are what bothers me.

I can tell… and that is great. Then we agree on more than it seems.

Truth has no agenda.

• @LHoffman:

@Amon-Sul:

I am not anti-American. I just try to be fair and honest. Double standards are what bothers me.

Truth has no agenda.

But politicians almost always do

• @Nozdormu:

@LHoffman:

@Amon-Sul:

Truth has no agenda.

Fixed that for you.  That’s the entire point of politics.

@Nozdormu:

@LHoffman:

@Amon-Sul:

Truth has no agenda.

Sure. But I don’t see what that has to do with my exchange with Amon-Sul.

• vv

1620434_10201646520625059_1341044720_n.jpg

• _Sorry guys bad news, NOTHING is going to happen!!

You still have to wait for the big bang, it is not time yet!_

• @wittmann:

Things are hotting  up in the Ukraine. Does not look good.

Nothing we cant fix with my m1

69M1_Does_My_Talking.jpg

@Razor:

@wittmann:

Things are hotting�  up in the Ukraine. Does not look good.

Nothing we cant fix with my m1

“Russia knows what it wants. World domination. And she is laying her plans accordingly. We, on the other hand, and England, and France to a lesser extent, don’t know what we want and get less than nothing as the result.”

• G. S. Patton, Jr

Incredibly relevant, even 70 years later.

• '21 '20 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13

Russia takes what belonged her for 250 years. And it’s completely different to, say, UK trying back India. What world domination you are talking about?
    Do I agree with everything they do? No. Politicks is a durty business. There are good, bad, and so so people - not a scale in politicks.  There are only big and small predators.

• @Me1945:

Russia takes what belonged her for 250 years.

Be that as that may, there certainly is a better time and method of doing so.  Thankfully it’s been relatively civil for what is possible.

• @Me1945:

Russia takes what belonged her for 250 years.

Completely agree.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

Here is an interesting take on what Russia could do to crash the petrodollar and sink the economy. America has borrowed and corrupted itself into a very fragile situation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXGPzDq45gM

• Eisenhower should have listen to old George. :-D

• The long and short of it is Putin is a leader and BO is a politician.  I mean that in a very nonpartisan way.

Putin is evil, and you can even argue that he is stupid because he is trying to re-establish a form of government that fell apart quarter of a century ago because it was unsustainable.  That being said, his evil/stupid antics makes him come across as a leader because he is decisive.  I am not saying that is a good thing for the world at large, but when the shit hits the fan most people want to think the guy in charge knows what the hell he is doing.

When it comes to BO… I think his only interest in foreign policy is to distract from how bad Obamacare is going.  His biggest concern is the next election, not the future of America.  The man is a great speaker, nobody can take that away from him.  However words only go so far.

We have had 2 presidents who knew how to deal with the Russians.  Kennedy who told them “screw you, get out of Cuba NOW!” and Reagan whose foreign policy for the USSR was “we win, you lose”.

Ultimately I think all of America’s problems would be solved if we just harvested our own natural resources.  The reason Russia has so much strength is because of oil and natural gas.  If we dumped a ton of oil onto the world market the price of oil would drop like a rock.  That would crash the economies of the people who hate us (not just Russia, lets give a shout out to Iran!)

• '21 '20 '18 '17 '16 '15 '14 '13

Sure thing. Putin is evil and Russia is suck .… for those who prefer the world driven by one policeman where just a few countries can afford a relatively independent foreign politicks. Where only one decides what to bomb, where invade to and build “cliche democracy” .
    I am just wondering what Putin did that West did not do since, say, 1898 when US annexed Hawaii?
    I really hope a bipolar world will be back. It is coming already along with the hysterics like you read here.

• @SS:

Eisenhower should have listen to old George. :-D

Really? Europe, Russia and the US should be thankful that Patton didn’t get his War. Defeating Russia in 1945 without the Bomb would have a price tag of millions of lives. The West, even with a fully mobilization of France could not push the Red Army back into its own borders.

Patton wanted a continuous war for his own glory, he wanted to play Napoleon with tanks.

Every Nation in Europe would have faced a real possibility of Civil War, similar to Greece and Turkey had a US/ USSR war began in Central Europe.

• @ABWorsham:

@SS:

Eisenhower should have listen to old George. :-D

Really? Europe, Russia and the US should be thankful that Patton didn’t get his War. Defeating Russia in 1945 without the Bomb would have a price tag of millions of lives. The West, even with a fully mobilization of France could not push the Red Army back into its own borders.

Patton wanted a continuous war for his own glory, he wanted to play Napoleon with tanks.

Every Nation in Europe would have faced a real possibility of Civil War, similar to Greece and Turkey had a US/ USSR war began in Central Europe.

ABWorsham is correct. The British workers even threatened to strike if UK and USA had attacked the Russians.

• Ya I know that. Just a little humor.  :-)

• @Zooey72:

Putin is evil, and you can even argue that he is stupid because he is trying to re-establish a form of government that fell apart quarter of a century ago because it was unsustainable.  That being said, his evil/stupid antics makes him come across as a leader because he is decisive.  I am not saying that is a good thing for the world at large, but when the ���� hits the fan most people want to think the guy in charge knows what the hell he is doing.

So you support a leader of another country that makes reckless decisions and can operate in such a manner, than your own president - one that by nature of our nation and Constitution can’t do whatever he wants?  Please tell me that you’re not one of the people that also complains he’s a dictator.

When it comes to BO… I think his only interest in foreign policy is to distract from how bad Obamacare is going.  His biggest concern is the next election, not the future of America.  The man is a great speaker, nobody can take that away from him.  However words only go so far.

Obama has wisely not escalated things, going in guns blazing like some of armchair strategists and failed presidential candidates have pointed out.  The EU has joined in, Russia basically screwed up their position in the UN Security Council, Russia’s economy is sinking, and I’m sure more to come.

I’d be interested in exactly how “Obamacare” is going badly.  Badly for those who have tried multiple times to repeal it over the past 4 years?  Badly for those that would like to see it fail?  Badly because we didn’t make it to single payer?  People parroting that it’s bad doesn’t make it bad.  It’s doing exactly what it’s supposed to and has benefited - the ACA, that is - every US citizen.  I’d be glad to give examples, but I’m afraid that thread would be shutdown.

Also, Obama isn’t up for reelection - 2 term limits.  Not sure how that works in your opinion.

We have had 2 presidents who knew how to deal with the Russians.  Kennedy who told them “screw you, get out of Cuba NOW!” and Reagan whose foreign policy for the USSR was “we win, you lose”.

Yes, Kennedy failed and Reagan unnecessarily extended the Cold War for no reason.  Neither are good examples to draw from.

Ultimately I think all of America’s problems would be solved if we just harvested our own natural resources.  The reason Russia has so much strength is because of oil and natural gas.  If we dumped a ton of oil onto the world market the price of oil would drop like a rock.  That would crash the economies of the people who hate us (not just Russia, lets give a shout out to Iran!)

Well, it’s an idea, I guess.  Russia is more than a simple holder of resources.  They are a nuclear power, they (seemingly) have a good relationship with China, sizable population and military, etc.  I don’t think it’d work the way you think though.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m