• very good observation WB

• I like Greece on the Europe map and FIC on the Pacific map for bases and/or ICs

• Oh, you didn’t list the
    Caroline Islands!
    :-)

Already equipped with an airbase and naval base, very key location, with USA or Japan able to reach a multitude of important sea zones, territories, and islands in a single move, including 2 paths to Z6, 3 paths to Phillipines, and access to Hawaii and New South Wales, both 6th victory cities

• Sponsor

It might be easier to list the uninteresting territories… Portugal, Samoa, Gold Coast, Greenland…etc

• @Young:

It might be easier to list the uninteresting territories… Portugal, Samoa, Gold Coast, Greenland…etc

hehe, seems that way, good point

• '14 Customizer

Greece is a perfect place for all three especially if you take Turkey.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Granted it’s not hard to deny UK Europe its lone NO but Italy could just plant an infantry or two in Cyprus to make UK (or US) work really hard to get the NO back. One of my pet peeves with the NO, it really needs to be reduced to Gibraltar, Egypt, Trans-Jordan.

Same reason the Aleutians are valuable since they can negate the homeland NO for the US.

Korea is the only place Japan can drop a Major IC, if they want to go haywire on land units in China and Russia.

Kwangtung already has an air and naval base, good place for a minor IC once Japan takes it.

• @ghr2:

Don’t forget Hawaii, Yunnan, Phil, FIC, Malaya, Java, Burma, East persia, New Zealand , and Samoa.

Hawaii:  AB/NB, Strategic Location, and NO.
    Yunnan: Strategic Location and NO.
    Phil: Same reasons as Hawaii.
    FIC:  Great place to NB/AB/IC.
    Malaya:  Was well states earlier.
    Java:  Vital territory/seazone to attack through, allows anzac to bring air to the mainland.
    Burma:  Important territory to hold in order to contest Shan State and Yunnan.
    East Persia:  Air reaches moscow, india, and egypt.  Air can also attack burma and land in india.
    NZ:  Far away from Jap stacks in Malaya/Phil, but has very good range.
    Samoa:  1 move from either coast, 1 more move to NZ.

• @Gamerman01:

Oh, you didn’t list the
    Caroline Islands!
    :-)

Already equipped with an airbase and naval base, very key location, with USA or Japan able to reach a multitude of important sea zones, territories, and islands in a single move, including 2 paths to Z6, 3 paths to Phillipines, and access to Hawaii and New South Wales, both 6th victory cities

Yes, my first intention was to, more or less gather all the land territories, later on I add some islands too.

• @cyanight:

Greece is a perfect place for all three especially if you take Turkey.

Definitely.

@General:

Korea is the only place Japan can drop a Major IC, if they want to go haywire on land units in China and Russia.

Exactly.

@Gamerman01:

@Young:

hehe, seems that way, good point

Yes, I listed many territories, but they are not all in the top. That is why I made the descriptions. The players can see themselves that there are several or dozens of them which are the best.

@ghr2

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m