6.1 RULE CLARIFICATIONS DATABASE

• @koba:

80 IPC for Russia at the start and big re- in forcements in Novosibirsk = no more one infantry per factory as we have been playing it.

No second impulse for German navy means big pressure on them earlier on. Combined with 6 ipc ar our ,this will lead to a much more conservative Axis game.

are you shure the 80 wasn’t just a mistake

• '20 '19 '18 '16 '15 '11 '10

Yess :wink: We were using the 1 mech per major too. If these new rules prove to be too unbalanced we may introduce it. My feeling is this will force the Axis to be more creative in the composition of its forces (e.g. more mech/arty combos). We have also been using some of the HBG optional rules (Japanese light tanks, elite infantry units, Atlantic Wall etc.).

If they wanted to make things more of a challenge for the Axis I think they have succeeded. My prediction is Axis on the defensive by turn 5, game over for Axis by turn 10.

Did you notice Italy’s starting IPCs cut to 15?

Whatever the balance, I do think the new rules reflect more clearly the real challenges the Axis faced and the ultimate foolhardiness of their ambitions.

Whether or not history will be changed on the Global '39 map….?

Can’t wait to hear some reports from others.

As for 80 IPCs for Russia, I can’t say it’s a misprint as the rules were reviewed and approved before release.

• I know it’s a little embarrassing that the rules that have been out for only 1 day and their are already 3 rules that are different and some that people think are mistakes. It’s not just me but other people too. We wanted to play today but are waiting because it can’t be played under these conditions because no one knows when certain units come in, japan sneak attack, etc. Others besides me wondering what the issues are too. Can you refix and redo and resubmit what you intended to fix/change/etc. so we can play? I don’t think Axis stand a chance anymore but we’d like to find out.

Yes, some clarification would be good before I take a hellacious buttwhoopin as the Axis with these new rules.

• '14

Ill have something by friday for you guys.

Thanks Tigerman,

By the way, are you going to be involved on this weekend’s playtesting of Global 1936?

• Tiger - thanks for having 7.1 on Friday. Sorry I asked about it on other board. We planning on playing for 12 hours minimum this weekend.

• '14

Koba- no. I might be in November

Oh, bummer.

Listen, take care of yourself and thank you for the work you’re doing on these rules.

• @Tigerman77:

Ill have something by friday for you guys.

Will it be on BGG?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m