6.1 RULE CLARIFICATIONS DATABASE

• Bill you still Wildcatting in Montana?

• Ha. Yes, but it not as good as it was in 2007 - 2012. If it was I wouldn’t have the time to be on this board so it’s not all bad I guess.

• @billcallaway:

I can’t believe I’m one of those people that complain on message boards. Regardless, I’ve played this game more than once. I just don’t think a game should be released until the rules are clear. Game balance is secondary. Clear rules are what matter. I can’t even tell what the rules are exactly. No 7.0. Just fix what you got now. It’s been long enough. No one wants to play with house rules in most groups. We just want to play with clear rules. Don’t release anything new until this is fixed. I hope Amerika and Midway have better rules than this. Can’t wait until this fixed so we can start playing it again. It’s ridiculously fun until rule snags.

I agree with you wholeheartedly Bill. With all of the house rules circulating, and all the message boards, it’s difficult to figure out what rules to use and what rules not to use. I love this game but want clarity!

• '14

ask away. We are trying to be clear on rules and make the game balanced an fun. Remember that most games that come out have many people working on them playtesting over and over. We on the other hand have other full time jobs and very little time to work through alot of these issues. If you have any clarrification issues please post them here and me or some other person will answer. Please be patient, we are trying to make this game the best global WWII game ever.

• Someone asked about 25 questions on this, then they asked another 10 or so. You answered most (but not all) of all their questions, and nearly half of their questions were great because they were unclear in the rulebook. Therefore those need to be added to clarifications too.

We’ve played 4 games so far. Axis almost won every time (always comes within 1 city). Ultimately, the Allies won 3 games, but I’m not sure we playing 100% as the designers intended due to rule interpretations. It sounds like the Axis win when everyone else plays so I’m unsure what is going on exactly. I have over 40 A&A games and have played 5 - 10 hours a week for 25 years so we are all experts at the game and see holes almost immediately. Assuming we are playing correctly - game balance seems pretty good.

• I think the large number of territories on this map kind of helps the game balance itself.  Even if one or two (or even three or four) battles go against you, with the dice showing disfavor on an epic scale, you still have room to retreat and regroup most of the time.  So a strategy that’s basically sound can still win out in the end, even in the face of some tactical and operational setbacks.

• '14

We are continuously playing global and trying to clarify rules all the time. We refrain from posting new and updated rules every week so not to be too confusing with revisions.

• Why is rio de oro french instead of spanish?

• '14

map corrections will be made in the 36 map. There is nor reason.

• is there a release date for the 1936 game, or for the island warfare expansion?

• If Germany captures Denmark, does that mean that Iceland and Greenland become German, or do they become Pro Allied territories? If UK takes Crete, but not Greece, only the territory of Crete is activated, right? When can we expect to see an updated rule book?

• Sophiedog, look up page 30 in the PDF file of the rules.  That will explain the answer to your question.  Have you downloaded the 6.1 version of the rules?

• is there a release date for the 1936 game, or for the island warfare expansion?

• @Ben_D:

Sophiedog, look up page 30 in the PDF file of the rules.  That will explain the answer to your question.  Have you downloaded the 6.1 version of the rules?

yes, i was reffering to rules 7.0

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

@sophiedog2:

is there a release date for the 1936 game, or for the island warfare expansion?

No firm date on these as of now.

• '14

@sophiedog2:

If Germany captures Denmark, does that mean that Iceland and Greenland become German, or do they become Pro Allied territories? If UK takes Crete, but not Greece, only the territory of Crete is activated, right? When can we expect to see an updated rule book?

This isn’t changing from 6.1 to 7.0.  ETA on the 7.0 rules is July 1st.

• will there be rules for italy switching sides/ a co-belligerent government in rules 7.0, or in 1936?

• Might be better off posting these inquiries in a Q&A thread or something.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@sophiedog2:

will there be rules for italy switching sides/ a co-belligerent government in rules 7.0, or in 1936?

The rule is that the game is over if this happens lol.

• Does china lose its ips and/or not get to continue collecting income if Szechwan is captured? If a strict neutral survives an attack still controlling its capital then can its units attack/move?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m