• @Yavid:

If the first time you play with your new Panzer III you think to yourself how cool it would be if it were a Goliath remote control tank.

I love this answer.

• Nice pick up Worsham.
    Great one Yavid.
    That really would be WW2 Junkie. You would be holding the remote and smiling and never be able to tell  anyone the true if they asked:“Why the smirk?” @ABWorsham:

@Yavid:

If the first time you play with your new Panzer III you think to yourself how cool it would be if it were a Goliath remote control tank.

I love this answer.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

If you can sing panzerlied word for word.

• @wittmann:

Nice pick up Worsham.
    Great one Yavid.
    That really would be WW2 Junkie. You would be holding the remote and smiling and never be able to tell  anyone the true if they asked:“Why the smirk?” @ABWorsham:

@Yavid:

I love this answer.

Hey don’t judge not my fault it would have been so freaking cool

• @ABWorsham:

You be a SOVIET WWII Junkie if……

• you call your German Shepard “mine” and trained him to sleep underneath your Truck
    • you refill your bottle of vodka with gasoline and put a rag into the bottleneck
    • you marked the 8th of May in your calendar and celebrate it every year
    • your T34/85 is still running and got the white Berlin markings
    • you still in posession of a Mosin Nagant and a small mortar in your backyard
    • you know that Ioseb Besarionis Dze Jugashvili is not a grand Chess player

• If more than one person remarks that your friendly waves looks similar to a German WW2 salute, you may be a WW2 junkie.

• Ok how bout in court when they say raise your right arm and you do this:

• If you have worn a M-42 German Helmet to play paintball in you may be a WW2 junkie.

• If you now the diffrences between a Wehrmacht K98 and one of the Waffen SS.

• You may be a WWII junkie if…

You find yourself indignantly saying “Hey, wait a minute…” to your television set when the narrator of a WWII documentary says something which is incorrect, or when you see that the film editor used footage of Event A or Weapon B to depict Event C or Weapon D.

• @ABWorsham:

If you have worn a M-42 German Helmet to play paintball in you may be a WW2 junkie.

Or you even know the diffrence between a M-42 and German Firemen Helmet.

• @CWO:

You may be a WWII junkie if…

You find yourself indignantly saying “Hey, wait a minute…” to your television set when the narrator of a WWII documentary says something which is incorrect, or when you see that the film editor used footage of Event A or Weapon B to depict Event C or Weapon D.

I don’t say hey, wait a minute, anymore. I just roll my eyes. Does that still count? or does that make me a Jaded WW2 Junkie? Like watching the footage of a profile of a KV-1 tank being blown off when it’s used when talking about Barbarossa, Kursk, and The Battle of Berlin. And just rolling my eyes because I know the footage.

If you know what a silhouette of a KV-1 looks like even when it’s bottom half isn’t visible

• @Yavid:

I don’t say hey, wait a minute, anymore. I just roll my eyes. Does that still count? or does that make me a Jaded WW2 Junkie? Like watching the footage of a profile of a KV-1 tank being blown off when it’s used when talking about Barbarossa, Kursk, and The Battle of Berlin. And just rolling my eyes because I know the footage. If you know what a silhouette of a KV-1 looks like even when it’s bottom half isn’t visible

I like the phrase “jaded junkie” – I’ve felt that way too on several occasions.  But there have also been times when I’ve reacted to particularly outrageous gaffes by groaning and hiding my face in my hands.  The last time it happened was when I was watching the DVD of the 1950s TV series Victory at Sea: part of one episode ostensibly showed Luftwaffe activity during the invasion of Norway, and in one shot the camera (located on a ship) is overflown by an aircraft having an Italian fascist roundel on the underside of its wings.

Pop quiz: Raise your hand if you’ve ever seen misused footage of the exploding HMS Barham, or worse yet of the Austro-Hungarian battleship Szent István capsizing in 1918 with little black figures of crewmen running along the hull as it rolls under them.

• You May Be A WWII Junkie if…

-you watching old WWII movies and knowing the diffrences of an incoming or outgoing…

• How about WWII nose art on your car, along with mission markers on the doors….do I qualify?
    Next will be the shark mouth with the eyes too
    hmmm bullet holes intersting

• Customizer

….If you pretend your Ford Fiesta is an F4-F Wildcat and Japanese SUVs are Japanese bombers during your morning commute.

• @toblerone77:

….If you pretend your Ford Fiesta is an F4-F Wildcat and Japanese SUVs are Japanese bombers during your morning commute.

lol qualified!

@suprise:

How about WWII nose art on your car, along with mission markers on the doors….do I qualify?
    Next will be the shark mouth with the eyes too
    hmmm bullet holes intersting

lol qualified!

• Customizer

@Gargantua:

“You may be a WWII Junkie if … You can identify random silhouette’s of WWII vehicles, and know exactly what they are, when they were produced,  what country(ies) they were manufactured by, what theater’s they fought in, and how many may still be running today.”

That be me

And you can ID tanks used in WW2 movies like PATTON, Battle of the Bulge and Kelly’s Heroes from what they really are and scream Bull-Shitake at the screen.

• @suprise:

How about WWII nose art on your car, along with mission markers on the doors….do I qualify? Next will be the shark mouth with the eyes too hmmm bullet holes intersting

Very impressive!  Yes, definitely qualified.

I once saw a TV movie in which a somewhat unscrupulous junk dealer was on the phone with a client, trying to sell him a small WWII aircraft (I think a little two-seater reconnaissance plane) he’d acquired.  The dealer energetically vouched for the plane’s alleged combat record, saying that “It’s even got a bullet hole in it!”  In the next scene, we see a close-up of the plane’s side.  The dealer’s hand appears from off-screen and fires a revolver into the plane; his other hand then appears and puts a small sign “WWII Battle Damage” next to the hole.

• Customizer

@CWO:

@suprise:

How about WWII nose art on your car, along with mission markers on the doors….do I qualify? Next will be the shark mouth with the eyes too hmmm bullet holes intersting

Very impressive!  Yes, definitely qualified.Â

I once saw a TV movie in which a somewhat unscrupulous junk dealer was on the phone with a client, trying to sell him a small WWII aircraft (I think a little two-seater reconnaissance plane) he’d acquired.  The dealer energetically vouched for the plane’s alleged combat record, saying that "It’s even got a bullet hole in it!"  In the next scene, we see a close-up of the plane’s side.  The dealer’s hand appears from off-screen and fires a revolver into the plane; his other hand then appears and puts a small sign “WWII Battle Damage” next to the hole.

I love watching Pawn Star! Oh wait a minute…nevermind :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m