• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=ah/faqs/axis

I have noticed two mentions in this faq that seem pretty significant for people used to the previous games

Can a transport unload two infantry into two different territories?
    Yes, but only during noncombat movement. Both territories need to be adjacent to the same sea zone.

I recall in previous editions this was not allowed right?

After everything is set up at the game’s start, there are only four additional industrial complexes left over. Can more than that be built?
    No. Once four new industrial complexes are brought into play, no more can be built.

I had not considered this before, but if J buys no factory in the first round, is it not possible to lock them out of endgame production with a rapid succession of factory purchases by US/UK (and locate them safely in N. America) before J2? Wonder if it could work. It would leave Allies light on units, but to shut Japan down to 8 units max a round? Thinking here about the potential of an E. Canada ploy in the first round or S. Africa. Which would seem to be a poor purchase, except that it could potentially set up a production sweep, by the End of UK2. If USA buys 2 in the opening round somewhere safe, like Central US and Brazil, and UK buys the 4th factory in the second round. This leaving around 16 ipcs UK for the defense of India. Russia’s then vulnerable on fighter support, but Japan’s thrust would also be diminished if capped at 8 units with India as the only option to grow. Japan can still be pretty effective with 8 units a round, but they’d still have to set it up with transports. And UK could still get 3 ground into India. They could likely afford to drop around 5 total ground units in the second round if the first factory placed was in Africa. Not a winning strategy, but an interesting possibility for that factory cap to come into play. I think I’d be annoyed as the Japanese player, to discover that no matter how much land I conquer, I still can’t buy a new factory.

I had always assumed no limit on the plastic pieces, and was treating these little cardboard ones the way we used to if anyone ever bought more factories than we had pieces… by just using the pieces from the capitals and saying all capitals have a factory anyway. Guess not, if the wizards faq is the legit one

• The rules you quoted are official for “Axis and Allies 2nd edition”.
    See this subforum:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?board=28.0

Find the faq for 1942 2nd edition here:

http://www.wizards.com/AvalonHill/rules/AA1942_2ndEdition_FAQ.pdf

• Official Q&A

Black_Elk, because there are multiple versions of the A&A games (with some having multiple editions), it can be a bit confusing when researching them.  When looking at FAQs, you need to be sure you’re looking at the right version of A&A, as well as the right edition of that version.  As P@nther pointed out, the FAQ you linked is for the 2nd edition of the Classic game (1986), not the 1942 game (2012).

• 2024 '22 '21 '19 '15 '14

Oh thank goodness! because that was really starting to melt my brain when I read it.
    All is right in the universe again, thanks guys :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m