• Dont think we can get anywhere with this, without going into specifics. Ive tried to be as specific as I can but I cant do much with comebacks without numbers =)

And I agree all-out eastern attack with AH (perhaps leaving the 6 inf for defence in the west against Italy and Using Berling+Prussia+ Silicia towards Russia as well, the best possible strat as Axis. However even with optimal Axisplay like that you are bound to lose most games against optimal Allied play, sorry.

• TripleA

It is because you play low luck for some reason. When this game comes out on battleboards or triplea, sure I will break things down for a low luck game.

For dice games, it is much easier to deal with the Russians on a heavy Russia strategy.  Just imagine all the units on berlin Prussia and that other space as suicide bombers, you do not care about what happens to them as long as they die fighting for money and taking russians with them, you are doing it right. The more they kill the easier it is for Hungary to take Russia. If they get ignored, take more money, your goal is to broforce with Hungary, get his back, handle the west, help out, bro it up.

You never win axis and allies games playing scared with the axis. They always make it so you have more stuff but make less money, forcing you to be aggressive.

• As Ive said, I completly agree with the heavy Russia tactic, I play Axis almost exacly the same way (I usually Use Hannover from Germany as well but use less of the AH troops, I let them defend Italy by themselves).

And as Ive said even with this optimal Allied play-style you are still in a disadvantage against optimal Allied playstyle.
    I dont think I can make this any clearer.

• TripleA

I disagree. The axis have a pretty clear advantage. The only weakness is with the Ottos.

You can have AH defend against Italy itself as long as you are moving aggressively.

The critical difference is buying strait fighters 2 rounds before attacking the capital to get them into position for that main attack, is critical, given the importance of air superiority and that they do roll as a 2 as well and they close the gap quicker as well as adding to your cannon fodder factor. This is where I have Russia falling at round 5-6.  I cannot take Russia easily without planning ahead and buying strait fighters exactly 2 rounds ahead of time to hit at the right timing, having that 1 infantry ready to be in place to allow the air units to be in position for the attack.

~

Russia first is an all strategy, you have to treat it as such.

• TripleA

I do hate that Russian revolution optional rule. I do hate Italy starting at war, sort of a historical, but whatever.

Maybe play without Russian revolution bs. Make bank. :)

• @Cow:

I disagree. The axis have a pretty clear advantage. The only weakness is with the Ottos.

You can have AH defend against Italy itself as long as you are moving aggressively.

The critical difference is buying strait fighters 2 rounds before attacking the capital to get them into position for that main attack, is critical, given the importance of air superiority and that they do roll as a 2 as well and they close the gap quicker as well as adding to your cannon fodder factor. This is where I have Russia falling at round 5-6.  I cannot take Russia easily without planning ahead and buying strait fighters exactly 2 rounds ahead of time to hit at the right timing, having that 1 infantry ready to be in place to allow the air units to be in position for the attack.

~

Russia first is an all strategy, you have to treat it as such.

My question for you Cow is what % of AH and Germany do you send towards Russia? I don’t play OOB anymore, so I’m kind of curious.

• TripleA

AH restricted - everything

AH unrestricted. Everything minus the two stacks attacking Italy round 1.

• TripleA

No point ����ing around. You screw around, Russia trolls you and lives longer… then you lose, so annoying. I do not even remember Russia in WW1, I remember seeing him on the maps of WW1, but it never existed, they lost 2 million guys fighting to accomplish nothing. They trolled so hard they trolled themselves and made America enter WW1, 12 million strong army, worthless.

Larry Harris communicates through the board games he produces, he said so in his intro. The obvious strategy is Russia first, because Russia was a troll country in WW1, they even have a troll optional rule that trolls the allies and the axis. It trolls the allies because no more fighting so all the axis units get to go where they want. It trolls the axis because no more money. So troll! Just like real WW1, Russia troll everyone.

• I like the elegeant solution of chacmool:

_To avoid the unhistorical Austrian attack the turn Sequence should be changed into

1. Italy
    2. Austria
    3. Russia
    4. Germany
    5. France
    6. Britain
    7. Turkey
    8. USA

with Italy beeing neutral and unattackable R1 so the game still starts with Austrias march into Serbia._

nice and simple!

• Customizer

Sorry, how does that avoid the unhistorical attack?

Austria shelled Serbia, but not march over the border until some time after.

Given the choice, most Austria players would probably avoid attacking Serbia R1.

I also think USA should not automatically go to war until Russia has suffered a revolution/collapse, so the Central Powers have to balance crushing Russia versus bringing the Americans in.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m