Vichy France how dose it work?

• So I sat down and read the rules and re-read the rules and I’m a bit foggy on how Vichy works?

So when Paris falls. I get the choice to
    Continue my attack on France or roll for Vichy what’s the benifits for having Vichy set up weather it be free or not?

Just a little clarification please :)

• Bump … Still looking for someone who plays Global War 1939 to clearify Exsactly how Vichy works and why Germany would not totaly conquer France?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

It makes the most sense to go Vichy.

If you do, you get to roll for All French territories and pieces, maybe you will get some!!

If you don’t do the Vichy option, then ALL French forces will fight you.

• Ok that sounds wonderful!

Now do I roll for all French teratorys at once or each one separately?

Now also what’s this free French and how dose that work? Is there a chance tha I can roll not Vichy but free Vichy and France falls back to the allies?

Sorry just the rules are a little foggy and don’t truely clarify it for me.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I will lay it out.

1. You capure paris, and choose the Vichy option.

2. You roll 1 dice for each territory, and see the results.  (Some will go Vichy and be yours, some will go free french).  The foriegn legion in north africa dies if the territories they are on go vichy, and they have no adjacent free territories to move to.  All other units, like the inf in syria, become “Vichy” units.  You can’t move them, but if the allies attack, they will defend the territory for you.

Remember to roll for territories in the pacific!  Any Vichy french territories over there go to Japan.

3. You then roll 1 dice per ship.  Some will become yours, some will join the allies, most will be scuttled.

If you decided NOT to go vichy,  you get NO income from the territories, the allies get it, and all their ships and units are out there hunting you down!

• Thanks so much it really
    Helped out! Yeah makes sence to go Vichy allways lol

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Thank you Garg, your summary is totally correct here.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m