• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

I would suggest a 6 unit per turn cap in India, coupled with a $1/sub/turn penalty for the UK for every German sub west of the North Sea.

That will be enough to give the UK some interesting choices – maxing out India with 4 inf, 1 art, 1 dye every turn could leave the UK without enough income to win a naval war in the atlantic, and it could lead to enough progress into Turkey to pay for itself, or both, or neither. It depends on the details.

I think limiting India to 4 units a turn would lead to the Ottomans getting huge every game…even if they don’t sack India, they will own Egypt, Mesopotamia, and sometimes Persia. Even modest pressure on Venice from Austria will stop the Italians from attacking Turkey’s other flank, the Russians are too poor and desperate to provide any meaningful aid, and nobody else is close enough to help.

• The Turks have never done anything in any game I have played, even with the 4 India build limitation. Egypt has never fallen to them .
    I am sure you have played more than me, though, Argothair.

• Customizer

Allow unlimited non-combat rail movement. Then the CPs can reinforce their fronts by rail to wherever they’re most needed, countering the Allies sea convoys and India teleportation console.

After all the Berlin-Baghdad railway project is what started the war in the first place.

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

I’ve only played twice, wittman, I just have a habit of sounding confident even when I’m not. When you have limited India to 4 builds per turn, was anyone besides the UK attacking the Ottomans? Did Germany wind up in control of south africa?

• I have probably played 6  times with the 4 unit  rule.
    SA has never fallen, as far as I can remember. If it did, it was very short lived. The Russians help out. And the two Cruisers the Turks own are attacked by all three Allies nations , one after another until they have been sunk, thus eliminating that threat.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m