• You own a NFL team. The team is down by 5 points with 90 yards between you and a championship. There is two minutes on the clock.

If you could have any NFL QB past or present who do you pick?

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

I’d go with an in-his-prime Elway, his scrambling ability would be important. Second choice would be Montana.

For current players I’d go with Rodgers for the same reason. Great arm and escapability.

• Tom Brady. Enough said. Second choice oddly enough would be his opponent on Sunday, peyton manning

• Give me Captain Comeback, Roger Staubach. He was very mobile and a larger than life story about him. And he did what he did when the League was not as pass friendly - WR were allowed to get mugged, QBs were given no special treatment.

• @poloplayer15:

Tom Brady. Enough said. Second choice oddly enough would be his opponent on Sunday, peyton manning

Does the QB have a pre-videotaped recording of the team’s defense?

Probably not….give Tom Brady a videocamera, and he’ll win a Super Bowl…“how do I get through to these kids???”

• @Mallery29:

@poloplayer15:

Tom Brady. Enough said. Second choice oddly enough would be his opponent on Sunday, peyton manning

Does the QB have a pre-videotaped recording of the team’s defense?

Probably not….give Tom Brady a videocamera, and he’ll win a Super Bowl…“how do I get through to these kids???”

Spygate is now a part of the Patriots history.

• Spygate is now a part of the Patriots history.

So is any chance of them ever getting back to the Super Bowl…Not sure who to take yet…should be a good matchup!

• @Mallery29:

Spygate is now a part of the Patriots history.

So is any chance of them ever getting back to the Super Bowl…Not sure who to take yet…should be a good matchup!

Although the Patriots lost yesterday, they will continue to advance deep into the playoffs in years to come. The organization is the best ran in the league. The team gets the best use out of the bottom of the teams roster. They could use more firepower and size at the WR position.

• It was a heartbreaking loss the other day. But that being said, the Broncos should have beat the Patriots by a lot more than  points. And yes spygate is a black spot on this Franchise’s history, I completely agree with ABWorsham. Can’t wait for Patriot Football next season.

• Even though the Pats lots (and I’m not a fan by any means), they did a lot more with a lot less than any other team in the league.

• @ABWorsham:

You own a NFL team. The team is down by 5 points with 90 yards between you and a championship. There is two minutes on the clock.

As much as it pains me to say it, Joe Montana.

@General:

I’d go with an in-his-prime Elway, his scrambling ability would be important. Second choice would be Montana.

For current players I’d go with Rodgers for the same reason. Great arm and escapability.

Can’t really argue against Elway. Or any QB on this list: http://espn.go.com/nfl/superbowl/history/mvps

But if we go with guys showing up more than once, Montana is the clear choice with Starr, Bradshaw, and Brady following closest behind. The only guys I think you could consider who don’t show up on this list would be Unitas, Tarkenton, Marino.

• @frimmel:

@ABWorsham:

You own a NFL team. The team is down by 5 points with 90 yards between you and a championship. There is two minutes on the clock.

I haven’t thought about it that much, but a cursory thought on it makes me think a lot of that was having the greatest wide receiver to play the game.  I’m sure Montana was good, but it’s kind of clouded because of that.

• Joe had 2 receivers, tight end, and a running back.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Rich Gannon.

• OK. I make sure I bet on other team.

• @Jermofoot:

@frimmel:

@ABWorsham:

I haven’t thought about it that much, but a cursory thought on it makes me think a lot of that was having the greatest wide receiver to play the game.  I’m sure Montana was good, but it’s kind of clouded because of that.

Sure but Rice is also going to have benefited from Montana.

I’d be willing to give the ball to any guy on this list: http://espn.go.com/nfl/history/leaders/_/stat/tdpasses

• @SS:

Joe had 2 receivers, tight end, and a running back.

I love Joe Montana, but he had the guys you mentioned around him. Also a offensive innovator head coach and a good defense.

• @Gargantua:

Rich Gannon.

Gannon was a very talented QB, very underrated.

Not in my top 20 QB, but a top 50 QB.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

Regarding Montana, don’t forget the scenario established in the original post. There’s a reason he’s called Joe Cool. Someone like Peyton would be gripping the ball a little tighter in a situation like that, even with a stacked offense.

Have to bring up the time Montana pointed out John Candy in the stands from the huddle before the game winning drive in SB XXIII.

• Can’t go wrong with Joe Cool. I love his last years at Kansas City.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m