You and the kids can soon sit on Satans lap and take pictures.

• Sponsor

@Gliven:

You can see electricity……

I suppose… my point is that wether something can be seen or not, it has to be proven before it becomes fact.

• Customizer

Except we’re expected to patronise religious folk because they have faith in things that aren’t real.

That makes them good people; they must be really devoted to believe in something that doesn’t exist.

• Sponsor

@Flashman:

Except we’re expected to patronise religious folk because they have faith in things that aren’t real.

That makes them good people; they must be really devoted to believe in something that doesn’t exist.

I’ve got no problem with people who have faith, I believe in a creator myself… but I don’t go around telling people that my beliefs are right and theirs are wrong (which has become an epidemic among religious types these days).

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@Flashman:

You patronise Santa Claus every christmas even though you KNOW he’s not real.

That said… if anyone takes a moment to read the “science” on praying.  They will note that it does tend to increase positive outcomes!

• @rjpeters70:

@Young:

@Flashman:

I’ve got no problem with people who have faith, I believe in a creator myself… but I don’t go around telling people that my beliefs are right and theirs are wrong (which has become an epidemic among religious types these days).

Atheists, too…

The thing with that is for most believers simply telling them you’re atheist is saying their beliefs are wrong. No other comments are required. An argument is inferred when only a simple statement of non-belief was intended.

I recently came out of the closet as an atheist when I realized that I was claiming agnosticism primarily to ease and shorten the road to agreeing to disagree. It wasn’t what I believed but what I thought would avoid an argument that I wasn’t interested in having. That belief turned out to have been well founded.

• @rjpeters70:

@Young:

@Flashman:

Atheists, too…

Atheists don’t come to your door asking you to not believe.
    You don’t find flyers on your car, house door, or mailbox advertising Atheist organizations or being a nuisance.
    There aren’t centralized Atheist organizations hiding behind a tax shelter promoting its constituents interests (on top of what they do individually) to the detriment of others.
    Atheists don’t put up billboards along the highway/interstate saying you are going to hell.
    An Atheist that is arguing for their space and ability to opt out of religion is not jamming their beliefs down your throat, but exercising their 1st amendment rights that religious groups can’t seem to understand the concept of.

Now, I don’t mean that this is universal, but as a whole this applies.

• Wow!  There is a serious amount of God-hating going on here, and the cynicism is unbelievably thick…

You all ought to feel better since you found a nice little atheist support group nest and can vent all your frustrations against Christians who have pestered you so much.

Maybe you will be the ones sitting on Satan’s lap and your kids will be taking the pictures.  Seems you all need the comfort of sitting on a lap

• @Gamerman01:

Wow!  There is a serious amount of God-hating going on here, and the cynicism is unbelievably thick…

You all ought to feel better since you found a nice little atheist support group nest and can vent all your frustrations against Christians who have pestered you so much.

Maybe you will be the ones sitting on Satan’s lap and your kids will be taking the pictures.  Seems you all need the comfort of sitting on a lap

I’d much prefer the comfort of receiving a lap dance.  :-o

• There’s no doubt, that’s better than sitting on solid metal

• @Gamerman01:

Wow!  There is a serious amount of God-hating going on here, and the cynicism is unbelievably thick…

I don’t believe in flying purple unicorns either, but that doesn’t mean I hate them.

Or should we take a clue from many fundamentalist and shoot up a church to vent instead with the things we disagree with?

Maybe you will be the ones sitting on Satan’s lap and your kids will be taking the pictures.  Seems you all need the comfort of sitting on a lap

Or maybe not.  I also don’t believe in Pascal’s wager, so the insult/threat really does nothing for me.  I do find the projection rather funny, however.

Although if Satan is associated with vice…where do I sign up for the sexually liberated ladies, whiskey, and devil’s weed?  :evil:

• Well, first of all foot, you were wrong to assume that my comment was directed only at you.  You were just the most recent post.  That’s why I used terms like “you all” and other general terms.
    You are extremely defensive…
    And when I say Christian, why do you respond with “many fundamentalists”?  It’s like there’s only one kind of Christian in your mind.  And do you really think churches are erected just to vent?  That’s extremely shallow.

You’re bitter.  Very bitter.  I hope you find a solution some day, and I am being sincere.

It is ironic that you detest the judgmentalism you’ve experienced from religious people in your life, and deal with this by judging them.

• Gamerman01 you’re making my point from earlier. By trotting out “God-hating” you misunderstand and misrepresent me. I have no interest in “converting” you or forcing things upon you. I do have an interest in not being misunderstood and misrepresented. These are oft not compatible goals.

• So you applied my god-hating comment to yourself
    Why did you do that?  I didn’t point it at you.
    Others made god-hating comments.
    If the shoe fits, wear it.

Everybody thinks they’re so smart.  Including myself.  Nobody’s accomplishing anything here except venting.  When everyone’s so proud of themselves and what they’ve figured out, nobody’s going to accomplish anything, so - you know - give it up already

• @ABWorsham:

I’m not going near this subject!

Just posting in the thread so you can watch all the comments?  If you’re not going near the subject, why make a post stating that?  :roll:

• @frimmel:

Gamerman01 you’re making my point from earlier.

That’s a very egotistical thing to say, isn’t it?

By trotting out “God-hating” you misunderstand and misrepresent me.

As explained before, no I didn’t.  I wasn’t referring to your comments at all.  Egotistical again, to assume I’m talking to you.

I have no interest in “converting” you or forcing things upon you.

I know.  Never said you did.  Why are you saying this?

I do have an interest in not being misunderstood and misrepresented.

Who does, besides liars?

These are oft not compatible goals.

This is ambiguous.  What goals?  Not being misunderstood?  Not being misrepresented?  Your non-goal of converting me?  You are unclear, and don’t take this as a request to clarify.  I’m really not interested at all in what you think, and I am well aware that my worldview is very offensive to you, so what are you trying to do?  Sound smart?

• And…. since this thread was obviously never going to accomplish anything from the get-go
    it can be deleted any time now…

• @Gamerman01:

These are oft not compatible goals.

This is ambiguous.� What goals?� Not being misunderstood?� Not being misrepresented?� Your non-goal of converting me?� You are unclear, and don’t take this as a request to clarify.� I’m really not interested at all in what you think, and I am well aware that my worldview is very offensive to you, so what are you trying to do?� Sound smart?

I do not wish to be misrepresented or misunderstood. I do not wish to make arguments at people with no interest in hearing them. Those are my goals.

As what (from where I’m sitting, perhaps incorrectly it seems) is being misunderstood and misrepresented are my beliefs it is difficult to keep from being misrepresented or misunderstood without making arguments at people with no interest in hearing them.

What I’m trying to do is be diplomatic.  :-)

@Gamerman01:

And…. since this thread was obviously never going to accomplish anything from the get-go
    it can be deleted any time now…

I was certainly interested to hear about the memorial so it has accomplished something.  8-)

• Customizer

Looking through the posts above, I can’t see any God-hating going on.

I can scarcely hate an entity I don’t believe is real. What I do dislike passionately is people claiming to represent said entity without the slightest authority.

If such a being does exist I can hardly believe he’d stand by all those who so arrogantly misrepresent him, including non-Jews who fail to get that he wasn’t interested in the welfare of anyone but his own chosen folk. Or is it just possible that one of them is correct, and has a perfect understanding of His great omnipotent mind?

Someone mentioned Santa; so why do boys stop believing in him when they grow up, but continue to worship God?  At least Saint Niclaus is based on a real person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nIRJVmZ4K8

• Sponsor

@Gamerman01:

Wow!  There is a serious amount of God-hating going on here, and the cynicism is unbelievably thick…

Defending myself from those who Dam me and insist I’m going to burn eternally in Hell just because I support abortion and same sex marriage, is neither an anti-God or pro-atheist point of view.

• '12

Well, first of all foot, you were wrong to assume that my comment was directed only at you.  You were just the most recent post.  That’s why I used terms like “you all” and other general terms.

Gamerman01, were you then referring to me?  I was one of those not so recent post authors?  If not me, then exactly who WHERE you referring to?

I often find that when you start throwing labels at others like “You are bitter” that its often wise to not post that, take a breath then investigate the possible irony of the statement you are about to utter.

When you say you are an atheist you imply religious types have it all wrong.  How is this different to non-Christian religious types when you claim you are Christian?

I know of no atheist organisations that compare to say the westbro baptist church.  Obviously not all religious groups are like this, but i know of at least one that is.  That is one more than any atheist group in their radical degree of ideology promotion.

God is great, every single one of them.  By definition for sure.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m