Tec Rolls! What do you all shoot for?

• So as the title says who dose anyone ever use tech rolls? If so what do you shoot for with what Country? I’d like to see what everyone’s opinion is.

• To be honest I never use it. Too little chance you actually get some and if you get a tech, the cost you have paid to get it would have been better spent elsewhere.

Let’s say you only need to pay 30 to 60 IPCs to get something useful. Wouldnt you be better off to just buy more of the non-upgraded units?
    Bad news is: most likely you would not get a useful tech right away so you’ll most likely need to spend at least 60-90 IPCs before you get something useful. With that kind of money you can buy youself a whole new fleet, even!

I even didnt go for tech when a friend and I played with a house rule making tech a guaranteed hit for 5IPCs but with a time-delay of x turns…

Only exception I can imagine is both sides investing equally in Tech. In that case I would -try to- go for:

• Radar, war bonds, tech that upgrades land units and production for Russia

• Naval and then air tech for America and the UK, as they are the ones that must buy ships

• Nothing for all the minor allies, they do not make enough IPCs

• Air and then Naval for Japan

• Tech upgrading production and land units and then air for Germany

That’s my 2 cents!

• Customizer

If I could have my choice, I would probably go for the following:
    Germany: Heavy Bombers, then either Long Range Aircraft or Super Submarines. After that would be Improved Mechanized Infantry.
    Japan: Long Range Aircraft, then either Super Submarines or Improved Naval Yards
    USA : First choice is a toss-up between Long Range Aircraft and Heavy Bombers. The US could do a lot with either one. Then probably Super Submarines. Then Jet Fighters.
    Russia: Improved Mechanized Infantry, Advanced Artillery and then either Increased Factory Production or Radar.
    England: Radar, then either Long Range Aircraft or Improved Shipyards. Perhaps Jet Fighters or Heavy Bombers after that.
    Italy, ANZAC : Not likely to benefit from techs due to small incomes unless they shared with a larger power. Italy could share German techs, ANZAC could share UK techs.
    France: Not in the game long enough to benefit from techs.
    China: Getting artillery is a tech for them.

• I have only rolled for special dice once in my life and then decided it was stupid when i didnt get anything :p

with that said, my typical nemesis always buys special dice and i must say it sucks when it is used against you. The two that are always shot for is America going for heavy bombers which after it is achieved masses 8 bombers and eradicates Japanese fleet and home island. For Germany it is jet fighters, the reason being you use them as a defensive tool and you already start with a butt load of them so it is easy to defend in west while attacking in the east

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m