• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I am wondering who holds the record for the BIGGEST battle in the history of Axis & Allies?  How many defenders and how many attackers were there in your epic battle?

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I played an “empire builders” home variant on a hex based napolean at war map.  All mainland territories were worth 2, and islands worth 3.  There were also terrain effects, like woods, hills, cities, etc.

Each power was making between $300-400+ a turn.  It was so brutal, that by the time you counted your money, calculated your buy, and where you could place it, it was already your turn again.

I remember shooting down 70 japanese fighters in an opening salvo with a U.S. fleet.

I also remember wading through the black forest against a Russian empire in france.  There were stacks between 15 and 30 units all over the place,  and I remember melting through them like they weren’t even there.  As the piles causalties mounted, it didn’t even matter, because you just threw down more bodies on the board, and kept the pressure on as best as you could.

• Customizer

I had a game where Russia simply turtled. Bought nothing but infantry, and a few fighters, in Moscow, and infantry in the smaller factories moved toward Moscow as soon as they were built. Also, all the infantry and AA guns headed for Moscow. By the time a large German force approached Moscow, the Russians had 6 AA guns, 5 fighters, 1 tactical bomber, 2 tanks, 2 halftracks, 3 artillery and nearly 60 infantry.
    I can’t remember the make up of the German force, but I don’t think it was quite as big in numbers. However, they had more planes and tanks, so I think they planned for the superior firepower to even out the numerical disadvantage.
    It didn’t work. After 2 large German attacks and 1 Italian attack, the Russians still had 1 infantry left plus the artillery, halftracks, tanks, AA guns and planes. After all of that, Germany was pretty much done in the east. They couldn’t supply enough to back up the first two waves and the Western Allies were creating the second front so they had to start thinking defensively. Russia started spreading out and retaking territories and it was all downhill for the Euro Axis then.

• '19 '18

I once attacked Moscow that was defended by more than 100 russian Infantry, something like 25-30 US fighters, a couple of Anzac+British fighters, overall about 200 units.

I had a stronger army and won that battle.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@MrRoboto:

I once attacked Moscow that was defended by more than 100 russian Infantry, something like 25-30 US fighters, a couple of Anzac+British fighters, overall about 200 units.

I had a stronger army and won that battle.

I’ve seen this scale on a few occassions.  Never larger than 300 units a side though.  Not even in Global.

• '17 '16 '15 '14 '12

I never attended a military academy and yet in this game with Karl7  http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=32567.270I  I conquered all of Europe all by myself.  But in the end I was stabbed in the back by my own generals, even the SS.  I should have liquidated the whole general staff like Stalin did. What a monstrous betrayal of the German people!

In the end we were dug in with 5 AA, 1 bomber, 251 infantry, 1 artillery, 5 mech, 10 armor, 5 tacs, and 8 fighters defending Berlin against the final onslaught of allied subhuman scum.

First the Bolsheviks came in with 9 armour, 1 artillery, 1 bomber, 21 infantry, 4 mech_infantrys and 1 tactical_bomber but they failed to defeat me.

Then the Americans gave it a try with 57 armour, 51 artilleries, 6 bombers, 11 fighters, 126 infantry and 6 tactical_bombers.  They also failed to defeat me and I was safe in my Fuhrer bunker with 2 fighters left.

But finally the traitors drowned in their own blood.  The British finished me off with 13 armour, 6 artilleries, 5 fighters, 32 infantry and 4 mech_infantrys

And this is all I have to say about it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7PmzdINGZk
    :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m