• Hi all,

I just bought this game and i can’t put my finger on some things.

A. For example. A Destroyer is bombarding my spot but i only got some infantery there. Can i still sink the ship with the infantery on the defense try?
    B. If i make an attack i much roll a 4 or less. But, if i roll 3 does that mean i do 3 damage? Or do i destroy it? Like when a bomber attacks an Battleship.
    C. With the bombing run, if a do a run with 2 bombers i have to roll 2 times and that total is my damage. Isnt that a bit much?

Sorry for the questions, but i’m not English and well, its a bit new to me. The game that is.

Thanks,

Paul

• You should post this in the player help forums.

anyway.

A.
    Destroyers cant bombard.

And no, the defending Infantry may not shoot back at the destroyer.

B.
    No. every unit that rolls a hit kills an enemy unit. Think of it as if every unit only had 1HP.

EXCEPT, battleships, battleships require 2 hits to kill.

C.
    Yep, add up both and that’s how much you deal.

• Sorry bout that, didnt see the players help. If an admin can move it, please do.

For A i meant Battleships. But i get the picture. But what about the defense state? Like when a unit got 4 defense. Does that mean i need to roll a 4 or less on the defense turn to make an hit? Or is it destroyed in the attack phase is out of the game for that unit?

The manual is a bit fuzy to read…or just to much info at once…

• Morning Kloever. You get to roll a 4 or less on defence, yes. All units with a defence value get a chance to shoot back.
    Attack and defence in each player’s go is simultaneous, except for ease the Attacker rolls his attack dice and the defender then rolls his.
    The defender chooses his losses first, then the attacker.
    The attacker then chooses whether to continue for a second Round or to retreat, then third etc.

• @wittmann:

Morning Kloever. You get to roll a 4 or less on defence, yes. All units with a defence value get a chance to shoot back.
    Attack and defence in each player’s go is simultaneous, except for ease the Attacker rolls his attack dice and the defender then rolls his.
    The defender chooses his losses first, then the attacker.
    The attacker then chooses whether to continue for a second Round or to retreat, then third etc.

I think i understand(i hope). If i attack and roll a 4 or less the defender is down. He rolls, for example, a 5 the round is over. If i attack with 2 units againts 2 and i destroy 1 and the defender also 1 i continue the attack. If i again roll a 4 i have won the round and the land is mine?

• If the defender misses, you win. If he hits too, although you also hit him, he retains the territory. Only a ground unit can occupy a territory, not an air unit. If the battle was at sea, whomever remains in the Sea Zone(SZ) controls that SZ, blocking the way through to any other enemy surface ships.
    I say this as no ground unit attacks on a 4. (I understand if it was just a number picked at random .)

Please keep asking for clarification. I do have some free time at the moment.

• Did You also understand that a Bombardment can only take place if you attack amphibiously? You need to transport men in a Transport and the defenders are shooting back at them. Not the ships. Even though the Bombardment t might hit and your unloading ground units do too, if the defender hits and gets as many hits as there are attacking ground units, you would lose and not capture the territory. The defender would retain it, despite not having any units in it.!

• @wittmann:

Did You also understand that a Bombardment can only take place if you attack amphibiously? You need to transport men in a Transport and the defenders are shooting back at them. Not the ships. Even though the Bombardment t might hit and your unloading ground units do too, if the defender hits and gets as many hits as there are attacking ground units, you would lose and not capture the territory. The defender would retain it, despite not having any units in it.!

I didnt know that. i thought that i could do a bombardment run if there was an factory on the territory. To destroy it preventing the placement of new troops.

• Hi again. Bombers can do Strategic Bombing against a Factory and damage them. This makes placing units harder or more expensive.
    Battleships and Cruisers can aid in an amphibious assault; that is called a Bombardment.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m