Blitzing into a neutral

• '12

gamer, another issue to add to your list - tripleA allows you to land in a pro-neutral in noncom after you have converted it.  specifically, you can activate iraq with the germans then land aircraft in iraq on noncom of the same turn.

• thank U for the list Gamer. It is very important for the time being. It is good that the list is available to all on the proper place here in the forum.

• '15 Official Q&A '11 '10 Moderator

@Boldfresh:

gamer, another issue to add to your list - tripleA allows you to land in a pro-neutral in noncom after you have converted it.  specifically, you can activate iraq with the germans then land aircraft in iraq on noncom of the same turn.

OK
    I saw today that this issue is on the Triple A list, if you look at it.
    Added as 16e

@Amon-Sul:

thank U for the list Gamer. It is very important for the time being. It is good that the list is available to all on the proper place here in the forum.

Sure thing, Amon

I’m all about helping my fellow gamers have a good time and play the game correctly

• '12

@Gamerman01:

@Boldfresh:

OK
    I saw today that this issue is on the Triple A list, if you look at it.
    Added as 16e

Hmm looked over for awhile cuz I was pretty sure it would be there… musta missed it.

No, it wasn’t on my list.  I just added it as 16e

It is in the Triple A list in the program, though.  If you look down the description of the G40 map, one of the things is “rules Triple A engine doesn’t recognize” or something like that.  That’s the list I meant it was already on

• @kcdzim:

Battles occur in minutes to hours, movement would be days to weeks.  Coordinating sortees and naval movements to build up for larger invasion forces can take weeks to months.

It’s not illogical as time isn’t meant to be accurately represented - time in A&A is an abstraction (if not completely irrelevant).  The rules are such to prevent leapfrogging and movement exploits exactly such as these, the implication being that the game is more balanced and the map designed with these movement rules in mind.

The current rules allow leapfrogging and movement exploits to the point where it isnt realistic.

If i have 1 inf and 1 arm i can move the inf in combat and the arm in noncombat to capture the coutries in the given example. IF i have only 1 arm i cant.

You can send in planes without a place to land and then after the combat deside if the carrier is moving to the landing spot, not realistic at all firstly the carrier needs to move at the start just to be in time and secondly the carrier does not know the planes are gone untill it gets there.
    Or worst you can do a kamikaze attack because if there is a >0% chance the carrier can get there it isnt a suicide mission.

If you remove the whole non combat movement(except for air units ) you prevent suicide attacks as the rules dont allow them anymore and the games becomes a lot faster as well.

20th Anniversary Give Away

In January 2000 this site came to life and now we're celebrating our 20th Anniversary with a prize giveaway of 30+ prizes. See this link for the list of prizes and winners.
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys
T-shirts, Hats, and More

Suggested Topics

I Will Never Grow Up Games
Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures
Dean's Army Guys

Users

Topics

1.4m