• Maddogs right.

The only reason the tank can move into a hostile territory and continue is due to the ‘blitz’ ability. The ‘blitz’ ability only works during combat-move.

Therefore, moving into Trans-jordan would activate the ‘blitz’ ability, allowing you to move into another territory.
    but if you choose to stay (which you did), then the tank would have used up ALL of its movement that turn.

• are u sure?

then triple a is wrong

• @Amon-Sul:

are u sure?

then triple a is wrong

No it’s not.  If you were to look at the notes, it says:

“Do not allow blitzing or movement through Friendly Neutrals.”

under

“Rules the engine does not do, but you must follow:”

• '18 '17 '16

Friendly neutrals: “They can be moved into (but not through) as a noncombat move by land units of a power that is at war.” (AA40.2, rule book, p. 10)

Combat move, Blitzing: “A tank can “blitz” by moving through an unoccupied hostile territory as the first part of a move that can end in a friendly or hostile territory.(…) The complete move must occur during the combat move phase.” (AA40.2, rule book, p.15)

A tank which is blitzing moves in the combat movement phase. Blitzing does not allow to end the second move of the combat movement in a friendly neutral territory. Friendly neutral teritorries can only be moved into in the noncombat movement phase. It would be possible to end the second move of a blitzing manouver in an unfriendly neutral territory.

• thank U guys :)

• '17

Just in case it helps the OP, remember that if you have an extra unit available, you could use that unit to capture unoccupied Transjordan in combat movement, then wait until noncombat movement to move your tank through the now friendly Transjordan to activate Iraq.

If you only have the tank available, that doesn’t help though.

• Thanks. In this situation there was one tank that survived the initial Battle of Egypt. Had there been say an infantry we could have taken over Trans-Jordan with him and moved the tank into Iraq on non-combat. Seems kind of funny though now that I think about it - a tank can blitz into Trans-Jordan and back to Egypt (the move back would seem rather non-combat-ish) but not from Trans-Jordan into a friendly neutral. Weird rules thing, I guess

• '12

@Amon-Sul:

are u sure?

then triple a is wrong

It happens occasionally  :? :-o

• @dedo:

Friendly neutrals: “They can be moved into (but not through) as a noncombat move by land units of a power that is at war.” (AA40.2, rule book, p. 10)

Combat move, Blitzing: “A tank can “blitz” by moving through an unoccupied hostile territory as the first part of a move that can end in a friendly or hostile territory.(…) The complete move must occur during the combat move phase.” (AA40.2, rule book, p.15)

A tank which is blitzing moves in the combat movement phase. Blitzing does not allow to end the second move of the combat movement in a friendly neutral territory. Friendly neutral teritorries can only be moved into in the noncombat movement phase. It would be possible to end the second move of a blitzing manouver in an unfriendly neutral territory.

This is all correct.

Triple A is rife with rules violations.  Every Triple A player should familiarize themselves with this list:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cS3hFwoBP0rWr3208jw1LAtCvHYa9Ji9uU8PwbCMIwM/edit

• Battles occur in minutes to hours, movement would be days to weeks.  Coordinating sortees and naval movements to build up for larger invasion forces can take weeks to months.

It’s not illogical as time isn’t meant to be accurately represented - time in A&A is an abstraction (if not completely irrelevant).  The rules are such to prevent leapfrogging and movement exploits exactly such as these, the implication being that the game is more balanced and the map designed with these movement rules in mind.

• @Gamerman01:

@dedo:

This is all correct.

Triple A is rife with rules violations.  Every Triple A player should familiarize themselves with this list:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cS3hFwoBP0rWr3208jw1LAtCvHYa9Ji9uU8PwbCMIwM/edit

It seems that Veqryn made a new map without errors  8-) 8-) 8-)

• Oh, really?  Because he only listed 4 minor things that he fixed, mostly DOW rules.
    And then I went to the TripleA site, and there was no mention of the new version.  :?

• I turned on Triple A andthe program told me to get the new version of Global. In the description it wrote All bugs fixed, Triple A now according to rules in everythin Something like this. And Veqryn s name by it. It was red this map so i had to download it. That is what i read, I am sure.

But even if it is not we thank him for even a smallest improve of the program.

• it seems that U re right. Well i hoped for it but we have to wait for them to make the program 100 % correct. I hope it will be in this year and that we can enjoy the game at max :)))

• 3.8 Moved Politics phase to be after Purchase phase and before Combat Move phase. China can declare war on European Axis if they move into China’s allowed movement range. ANZAC can now declare war on True Neutrals. Added the 1942 scenario.

This is the change log in Triple A

I see the download you are talking about now.  You get it through the program, and download the G40 map again.
    If you look in the description of the map in Triple A, there is a long list of rules that Triple A does not observe.
    You should not only consider this list but mine as well.  I think there are several on my list that are not acknowledged in the game notes.
    Or, if you just go by my list, you will have a pretty good idea of what rules TripleA does not properly follow.  My list is a compilation of all issues that players have brought to my attention over the past year or so, along with several I encountered myself in my own games.

I’m afraid this upgrade is a very modest one.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I’m afraid this upgrade is a very modest one.

Let’s live in fear!!! LOL :P

• '12

gamer, another issue to add to your list - tripleA allows you to land in a pro-neutral in noncom after you have converted it.  specifically, you can activate iraq with the germans then land aircraft in iraq on noncom of the same turn.

• thank U for the list Gamer. It is very important for the time being. It is good that the list is available to all on the proper place here in the forum.

• @Boldfresh:

gamer, another issue to add to your list - tripleA allows you to land in a pro-neutral in noncom after you have converted it.  specifically, you can activate iraq with the germans then land aircraft in iraq on noncom of the same turn.

OK
    I saw today that this issue is on the Triple A list, if you look at it.
    Added as 16e

• @Amon-Sul:

thank U for the list Gamer. It is very important for the time being. It is good that the list is available to all on the proper place here in the forum.

Sure thing, Amon

I’m all about helping my fellow gamers have a good time and play the game correctly

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m