• think people. we all know the options presented for the USSR at the start of there turn. what is a little less predictable is germans opening round options. the USSR has many options to do damage to the germans IF they opt to attack at all. what ever move the USSR makes the germans must counter the allies twice as hard. they first must take back any territory they lost to the USSR. they also must take out the UK fleet. you need some major air support for this as well as any navy you have left. in attacking the USSR you must attack with plenty of inft and a few tanks. you can expend the inft the first round or two cause you SHOULD have taken out the navy threat from the UK. you also must take africa. this will do several things. this will decrease the UK ipc and increase the germans ipc. if you dont take the USSR the allies in my opinion will not fall. so just be aggressive. attack and attack some more. as the rounds move on you need to buy some air craft. fighters cause they are cheap and have a good defeanse. but a bomber or two once in a while would do some good as well. but your first round buy some inft. your second round buy some tanks. so when your troops do what they do best. die. you will have some replacements. every turn after turn 2 you need to buy atleast one fighter. in my opinion you will need to up it to two per turn if and when you conquer moscow.
    but you can not take the USSR without the japanese help. this is another part in my 5 part series.

• Where in Asia do you propose they land?

Caucasus? Turkey? Syria?
    None of these places have the advantages of landing troops directly into to Africa, or marching them east from Europe. There may be an occasional chance to drop a single inf off in Caucasus if the Ukraine falls, but in my experience, it hardly justifies a transport.
    Any other landing zones along the coast of asia should be the responsibility to an underchallenged Japan.

Keeping the pipeline open to Africa is certainly worth the occasional transport.

as the rounds move on you need to buy some air craft. fighters cause they are cheap and have a good defeanse.

Cheap? As cheap as 4 inf in fact. 4 inf that can attack better, defend twice as well, and provide a crucial meat shield for tanks. Tanks?!? What another better idea than buying fighters for offense. You get all the mobility needed for a land war, twice the offense and the same defense.
    Fighters can hit a navy, but a reasonably played UK and US will at best trade you an 8 IPC transport for your fighter.

you will have some replacements. every turn after turn 2 you need to buy atleast one fighter. in my opinion you will need to up it to two per turn if and when you conquer moscow.

You will have some replacement? Not if you’re spending 12-24 IPC on fighters. That’s 4-8 less cannon fodder, with a higher relative attack value, PER TURN. With this kind of spending strategy, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Russians either knocking on the door to Berlin, or easily stalemating Karelia while sending troops East to fight the Japs.

Needless to say, with this strategy, you certainly are going to need help from Japan to get much of anything accomplished, unless you could conquering turkey by naval invasion as a key to victory. As much as I disagree with you strategies, I appreciate seeing a new perspective, keep 'em coming.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

The only purpose to more transports in the Med are as follows:

1. You have a bid and have money to spare (yea right) however, it could speed up your acquisition and ability to hold Africa

2. Russia is dead, you need transports to invade England but building in the Baltic isn’t wise given massive RAF forces to contend with.

Seriously, even in the case of one, I’d still recommend just putting an extra armor and infantry in Africa instead of a transport. It’s just not worth the IPCs until Russia is dead, In My Most Humble of Humble Opinions (IMMHoHO)

• the initial plan was just an idea. alot of people do buy tanks to take out the USSR. alot of people do take out the UK fleet and alot of people do take out africa. but why not throw in some different strategy. i think doing this will mix it up a little. you can also use these transports to take out brazil. who knows invade america. if you land with a large enough fleet that is. take out america, and then you will have enough ipc to take on any country. might give it a shot.

• @darkangel:

the initial plan was just an idea. alot of people do buy tanks to take out the USSR. alot of people do take out the UK fleet and alot of people do take out africa. but why not throw in some different strategy. i think doing this will mix it up a little. you can also use these transports to take out brazil. who knows invade america. if you land with a large enough fleet that is. take out america, and then you will have enough ipc to take on any country. might give it a shot.

if you do that then that means you wont put in money on the russian front and be completely beaten up by russia and the rest of the allies if they manage to get enough aircraft theyll manage to take out any german menace in the sea

• that is true. an allies superior air force would destroy any germany menace in the atlantic. it would divert some ipc from the front against the USSR. however if the germans do land in brazil it would do two things. divert the economic power house for a few turns. as it would give germany a plus 3 ipc, atleast for a little while. as well you can then transport troops to africa or to invade the UK. if you dont invade the UK you can fake like you do. divert a turn or to of the UK to defeanse. taking more pressure of of germany for a little while.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m